Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to UX.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:06 AM, Stompe said:

Pick up my UX Takumi Monday, can't wait...... Was fed up with the CT, wondering if my Cat would still be there when I returned, even with the Dealer Cat Loc fitted. Shame its a nice Car! but onwards and upwards 😃

How is it?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Roger. Lexus insists you cannot fit anything other than runflat tyres on any UX model except the basic model.

If you do it will not conform and will negate your guarantee. So you’re stuck with the noisy bumpy consequences.

8 minutes ago, Shebab said:

Hi Roger. Lexus insists you cannot fit anything other than runflat tyres on any UX model except the basic model.

If you do it will not conform and will negate your guarantee. So you’re stuck with the noisy bumpy consequences.

Seems strange. I wonder what they say about winter tyres.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shebab said:

An interesting factor with which to make a guarantee conditional.  Many tyre retailers dislike run flats for the very reasons you identify.  My local guy also says he wouldn’t trust a tyre that has a wheel rim running on a sidewall!

I would have thought that as long as a tyre was the right size that would conform to spec.  Does it not being run flat materially affect the handling?  I wonder if this insistence has ever been a deal breaker?  And presumably once the guarantee/warranty period has expired, owners can fit what they like! 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:53 PM, Shebab said:

Straight from the Horses mouth!

Lexus Customer Relations 

Thank you for your email. This is an interesting topic that you have raised, and one that I am certain does cause much confusion.

Please note that changing tyres would not void your warranty. There is nothing mentioned in any of our documentation that supports the claim that a warranty would be voided.

Unless there is clear reason to believe that the tyres have LED to cause an issue with you suspension, which is it unlikely to, there would be no issues.

If there were issues related to the changing of tyres, we would refer a customer to speak with the tyre manufacturer.

Our warranty team confirm that issues related to the warranty change of tyres is all but non-existent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links