Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

iPad failure!

For the second time my iPad Air decided to die completely, the last time around 2 years ago I had it repaired but this time I purchased a new one ( even this proved difficult with even apple having a 2-4 week delivery time).

Open box and power up and this is where the problems began.....Apple ID? Hmmm that’s on the dead iPad....20 minutes later I managed to get it from my PC...password?....No chance....”I forgot.com” ....”We have sent recovery instructions to your other iPad”....No good it’s dead.

”We have sent you a text with a code to your trusted mobile number”

Great enter code.....”please enter your old passcode” Yea I know that...”You have entered an incorrect code”

No I haven’t ...”Yes you have, you will now have to wait 24 hours for account verification”

24 hours later I get a text .........you will be able to access your account in 2 days!

I’m now getting some paper, a pen and a safe for my passwords.

• Sad 1

If you've ever logged into icloud.com on your PC and saved your login details, both AppleID and password will be in the passwords section of your browser.

I hate apple with a passion. They do make technically very good machines but I cannot abide their restrictive practices and being tied into their own ecosystem.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 5:29 PM, steve2006 said:

For the second time my iPad Air decided to die completely, the last time around 2 years ago I had it repaired but this time I purchased a new one ( even this proved difficult with even Apple having a 2-4 week delivery time).

Open box and power up and this is where the problems began.....Apple ID? Hmmm that’s on the dead iPad....20 minutes later I managed to get it from my PC...password?....No chance....”I forgot.com” ....”We have sent recovery instructions to your other iPad”....No good it’s dead.

”We have sent you a text with a code to your trusted mobile number”

Great enter code.....”please enter your old passcode” Yea I know that...”You have entered an incorrect code”

No I haven’t ...”Yes you have, you will now have to wait 24 hours for account verification”

24 hours later I get a text .........you will be able to access your account in 2 days!

I’m now getting some paper, a pen and a safe for my passwords.

Yes  Steve i wondered what i would do if i lost my phone. My owd colleague at work retired last year he wrote all his passwords in a book.

I back mine up to iTunes on my Mac and back that up to a portable hard-drive and... and use a password manager.

Almost a full-time job!

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

The only thing I like about apple is the sort you eat.

As for passwords sheeeesh I hate them with a passion. Can I remember them No lol.

I changed all my passwords to Footloose.

Now I have all Kenny Loggins!

• Haha 3

I had a similar issue with a company Iphone - it locked up, couldn't reset it to factory settings, couldn't get a code from iTunes yadayadayada. Ditched it for a Samsung and have been happy ever since. I hate iAnythings. Overrated tat.

20190705_134355.jpg

• Like 1

I recommend you use a password management tool like LastPass or Dashlane. They work well and generate complex passwords on demand. All you have to do is remember one master password.

Your passwords are safely saved to the cloud, allowing password managers to be deployed to and used on multiple devices, on whatever platform (apple, Windows, Android). They are also more secure than the built-in options offered by Google, windows, etc.

As a starting point...

https://uk.cybernews.com/lp/best-password-managers-uk/

On 8/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, Mincey said:

I had a similar issue with a company iPhone - it locked up, couldn't reset it to factory settings, couldn't get a code from iTunes yadayadayada. Ditched it for a Samsung and have been happy ever since. I hate iAnythings. Overrated tat.

20190705_134355.jpg

Love that photo! 🤣

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links