Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Scrappage route

Mike246

Have any of you chaps purchased via the Scrappage route?

Lexus appear to be offering a generous £4,000 taking your car for scrapping against a new ES but other incentives such as the PCP contribution would not apply.

15 minutes ago, Mike246 said:

Have any of you chaps purchased via the Scrappage route?

Lexus appear to be offering a generous £4,000 taking your car for scrapping against a new ES but other incentives such as the PCP contribution would not apply.

Time to buy a £100 banger then? 😉

Hi Phil,

Yes, that's about the size of it. It displaces the £2,000 PCP contribution which would be increased by £750 if you have an existing Lexus.

The big question is whether it would eliminate the dealer-level discount which would otherwise be negotiated.

My prompt for bringing this up is that I have a '98 GS300 which runs well but has not sold on e-Bay. Scrappage was not mentioned when I did the deal for a new ES to be delivered in September.

44 minutes ago, Mike246 said:

Hi Phil,

Yes, that's about the size of it. It displaces the £2,000 PCP contribution which would be increased by £750 if you have an existing Lexus.

The big question is whether it would eliminate the dealer-level discount which would otherwise be negotiated.

My prompt for bringing this up is that I have a '98 GS300 which runs well but has not sold on e-Bay. Scrappage was not mentioned when I did the deal for a new ES to be delivered in September.

Hi,

My understanding of the scrappage scheme as explained by the dealer is that no discounts are available and the vehicle would be sold at list price minus the scrappage value depending on the model you are buying. I didn't find that beneficial as I am getting a discount of 4500 GBP on list price and further 2500 GBP as dealer deposit contribution which makes it a total of 7,000 GBP. 

• Like 1