Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm fitting to my ISF

For anyone that is interested, Dragon car alarms are based in Fareham, Hampshire.

They have a you-tube channel so you can get an idea of other vehicles worked on (including a lovely NSX!!)

Thank you. I've had a look at the Pandora alarms but there's no one local to me that fits them and I'd prefer to travel to someone who knows the car. Hampshire isn't a million miles away. 

I know. Most of them are not better than the factory built in anyway as those who live from stealing cars are smart enough to get around them. I was writing manuals for Cobra alarms from 1995 - 2005 with direct contact to factory in Italy. Cobra alarms were good then, but no alarm is making a car safe from the pro. New cars to be sent to South Africa came to have special features in the alarms before going to the importer in South Africa. Common thieves will have problems with most alarms, but those living from stealing will not.

We all in the company agreed that it would put some peace of mind in the owner of the car and that is not a bad thing.

For most of us that is no problem as the cars we have are not those the pro's are stealing.

Yes, one one the reasons I like Lexus is that they are not often on the radar of thieves.

I agree with what you're saying about those making a living from car theft, but surely that is all the more reason to add a more up to date security system?

That's ultimately why I added an extra layer of security...

22 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

I know. Most of them are not better than the factory built in anyway as those who live from stealing cars are smart enough to get around them. I was writing manuals for Cobra alarms from 1995 - 2005 with direct contact to factory in Italy. Cobra alarms were good then, but no alarm is making a car safe from the pro. New cars to be sent to South Africa came to have special features in the alarms before going to the importer in South Africa. Common thieves will have problems with most alarms, but those living from stealing will not.

We all in the company agreed that it would put some peace of mind in the owner of the car and that is not a bad thing.

For most of us that is no problem as the cars we have are not those the pro's are stealing.

The problem being that our cars are very easy to steal meaning anyone could do it. Yes the pros may not, but we live in a world where you don't have to be a pro to sit in a car park and clone a key when someone locks their car. I like the idea that the Pandora system will stop most of the 'wannabe' thieves.

If someone really wants your car they'll take it, but there's nothing wrong with peace of mind and other than a horrendous steering lock, immobilising the car from key cloning would make me feel happier when the car isn't in the garage or safe at work.

It only takes one idiot to ruin your day and they're out there lol.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Can you use the app to open and start the car instead of the fob?

Do not know what you mean. If it is if I can start the car with a remote I have no intention to do that and see no reason to. I can open and lock the car and open and close the windows with the remote from Lexus, but think we all can that. Only thing I know could be useful in a Lexus is to install a tilt sensor to start the alarm before the cat is stolen.

6 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Do not know what you mean. If it is if I can start the car with a remote I have no intention to do that and see no reason to. I can open and lock the car and open and close the windows with the remote from Lexus, but think we all can that. Only thing I know could be useful in a Lexus is to install a tilt sensor to start the alarm before the cat is stolen.

The question was intended for @RustyB

Remote start is a popular feature in America. It allows you the option to heat or cool the car before you get in, which I would find useful. 

If the system also recognised your phone in your pocket and would allow you to open and start your car ( with the Pandora app open in the background) then it would replace the Lexus fob, which would be one less thing to have in my pocket. 

I think these features may be available on certain Pandora systems and I was just wondering if Rustyb had these options on his new system. 

15 hours ago, F.A. said:

The question was intended for @RustyB

Remote start is a popular feature in America. It allows you the option to heat or cool the car before you get in, which I would find useful. 

If the system also recognised your phone in your pocket and would allow you to open and start your car ( with the Pandora app open in the background) then it would replace the Lexus fob, which would be one less thing to have in my pocket. 

I think these features may be available on certain Pandora systems and I was just wondering if Rustyb had these options on his new system. 

Please see the link below: 

https://www.dragoncaralarms.co.uk/pandora-smart-pro.html

I decided against add the remote start, as it isn't a feature I would use.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:08 AM, F.A. said:

The reason its never become popular in this country is because over here it's illegal to leave a vehicle running unattended on a public road, and not everyone has a driveway.

• 2 weeks later...