Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Dented my door like a Div!


Recommended Posts

Hi All, i have dented my door opening it onto a low wooden post, ironically while moving the car slightly away from a parked car in fear of them denting it on their return!

Its what i'd describe as a small center punch type dent. Would you go to Lexus for this repair or otherwise?

I contacted Guildford and they use a third party company.

i'm thinking if i could get hold of who Lexus use, i could cut out the middleman as such.

Does anyone know the guys that Lexus Twickenham or Guildford use? {Someone said his name is Bob}

thanks for any advice

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites


30 minutes ago, L3xDan said:

Would you go to Lexus for this repair or otherwise?

It depends if it would affect the rust warranty. I must admit that the rust warranty is not something I know about but I seem to remember reading somewhere that it runs for about 12 years?

Other than that I would just take it to any good reputable body shop, preferably one that has been recommended by word of mouth of satisfied and happy customers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, L3xDan said:

Hi All, i have dented my door opening it onto a low wooden post, ironically while moving the car slightly away from a parked car in fear of them denting it on their return!

Its what i'd describe as a small center punch type dent. Would you go to Lexus for this repair or otherwise?

I contacted Guildford and they use a third party company.

i'm thinking if i could get hold of who Lexus use, i could cut out the middleman as such.

Does anyone know the guys that Lexus Twickenham or Guildford use? {Someone said his name is Bob}

thanks for any advice

Dan

I have done the same a few years ago. I had to do mine through insurance as the door was creased around the crash bar. Very annoying indeed, especially as your car is fairly new. Not the end of the world but I do feel your pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I suspect that if you knew a good local body shop, you would have gone that route already.

My suggestion is to see if you have a local ChipsAway operator.  I’ve used one for alloy wheel repairs - with excellent results.  They do have some Centres but mainly it’s individual mobile operators - so I guess it’s possible that a lot will be down to the skill of that particular individual,

However, they do offer free estimates.  And they come to you.  So nothing to lose by checking them out.

It’s ChipsAway.co.uk 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I've cheerfully used a PDR (paintless dent repair) fellow for some years now. In regards whether this might affect any warranty then the clue is in the description i.e. paintless. Assuming a pdr is possible, then there should be absolutely no evidence any such repair was ever made. I'm near Gatwick and the fellow I use whilst not cheap always does a superb job.

With the best will in the world you will pick up the odd dent and pdr offers the real prospect of an invisible repair for a fraction of a body shop alternative. A Google search will reveal any number of repairers, but look carefully at their respective reviews. Would happily suggest the fellow I use, but I doubt he would need to work beyond a 10-mile radius of Gatwick.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, L3xDan said:

Interesting with pdr option. What’s the name of the company. I could always travel to him 

The fellow I use is Tony Angel aka "dentAngel"

Phone number is 07788666102

Location Horley, Surrey.

Just a thought, I know he has regular business with various folk and you might be able to suggest a mutually convenient meeting point rather than travelling to Horley. Worth putting to Tony and see if that works for both of you.

I'll also be seeing my son later this morning and I believe he too uses someone and I think he is very happy with them. I'll ask and advise.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Brian R said:

The fellow I use is Tony Angel aka "dentAngel"

Phone number is 07788666102

Location Horley, Surrey.

Just a thought, I know he has regular business with various folk and you might be able to suggest a mutually convenient meeting point rather than travelling to Horley. Worth putting to Tony and see if that works for both of you.

I'll also be seeing my son later this morning and I believe he too uses someone and I think he is very happy with them. I'll ask and advise.

This is what this club is all about! Helping fellow Lexus owners!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies for not getting back sooner, the day went on far longer than it should have. Right, the other dent person recommended by my son is:

Darren

Tel no. 07946817947

Apparently he lives Chipstead/Kingswood area.

Hope either the above or the aforementioned Tony Angel can assist.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for you help. I’ll contact Tony tomorrow and once the problem is solved I’ll post back on here with a follow up.

cheers all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership