Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus CT200h side windows: tempered or laminated glass?

Elt

Hi all,

I have a naive question. I was trying to check if the side windows of my Lexus CT200h (2015) are made of tempered or laminated glass, but cannot find out from the car. For the windscreen I can see it is lamisafe and for the read window it is temperlite, but no such information is displayed.

I think it is tempered glass as I couldn't see a middle layer when looking down, but it may be safe to check.

Thanks.

Elt

Thanks Colin and NemesisUK. I actually prepared something better than a hammer and nail, just in case I am trapped in the car 😄

• Like 1

I have had the windows and the sunroof glass laminated with UV protection (have skin cancer) and if unlucky that somebody throw a rock against a window the glass-splinters will supposedly stick to the laminate instead of being spread all over the interior.

Have a UV measuring device and absolute no UV comes through even when UV is 12 outside the windows.

This is for US, but I found it here also:

https://northamerica.llumar.com/automotive-film/benefits-of-window-tint/protect-yourself-from-dangerous-uv-rays