Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Timing belt kit

Robert E

17 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

You need to ask the right question then Robert ?

I think a little more help to a new member wouldn't hurt here John?

Rob has asked for good quality rather than 'the best' quality parts. Please show respect that he would know parts are available from Lexus. Many owners look for alternatives on older vehicles to reduce running costs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Robert E said:

Hi does anyone know where i can get a good quality timing belt kit for a 2006 Lexus rx 400 h

Try autodoc.co.uk. They have blueprint parts which are generally well respected. Parts will come from Germany and may take over a week to arrive.

An alternative is rockauto.com. They have lots of options, but the AISIN kit is probably the best option as all the parts are OEM manufactures and probably the same quality as the genuine badged Lexus parts. If you choose FedEx you can pay for all duties up front so you don't get an admin fee by a UK courier to cover tax recovery administration.

Probably worth doing the water pump at the same time as it is labour intensive to change on its own.

Lexus parts direct and you don't have to pay any admin fees or other taxes other countries charge and delivery is within a day or 2.

• Like 1

I've just had a look. Timing belt? The RX400h has a chain and £160 seems quite reasonable. £16 for the aux belt.

So Robert. What makes you think you need a new timing Chain? How many .lies on your car?

On 7/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, ColinBarber said:

They have blueprint parts which are generally well respected

generally yes I suppose ......  BUT the front nearside UCA I bought initially, the first of 5  yes 5 .  was a Blueprint product and only lasted about 40k miles ....  then replaced with Amayama OEM  ........ 4 x UCAs for each corner ......over a fairly short period thereafter .......  

But of course timing belt branded ...... Aisin kit .....  waterpump, pulleys would be fine from wherever .  possibly not Blueprint tho'

Just my thoughts

Malc