Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, A quick introduction before I get to my question...

I'm on the hunt for an IS250 SE-L at the moment. I've seen four so far without quite finding the right one, but haven't been put off yet!

However, I'm interested to know the build date of the next car I view - I understand that this info should be on a sticker in one of the door shuts. However, the dealer I spoke to could not see the info and I only had what the internet said to go on!

So my question is, can someone tell me where I can view the build date on an IS250, and if someone wouldn't mind be extremely kind to a newbie, possibly a picture of the sticker so I know what I'm looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi John,

I'm not sure if this will be of any help but if you can get the VIN of the car you are interested in and enter it in the  ToyoDIY.com  website it will give you the month and year of manufacture.

In case you are not already aware, IS250 models produced between August 2005 and September 2007 are not compatable with the new E10 petrol which will soon be introduced in the UK. 

Dec.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll see if the dealer will give me the VIN, or failing that, run it through the website themselves for me.

Thanks for the E10 headsup too - that was indeed the reason I was after the build date. The car I'm looking at is a 58 plate, so should be fine and actually be built after Sep07, but it may not be; hence my caution.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this will help anyone? 

But I have just called my local Lexus dealer to ask if they could give me the exact build date and not when the car registered for my2008 is250, my car was registered on 01/03/2008, but was built on the 21/01/2008, the reason I asked was because of the new E10 greener petrol slowly being introduced, I was a bit concerned that my car was built in 2007, therefore incompatible to take the new fuel. 

So if you are not sure, give your local dealer a call for the information, they only needed my reg number to find out the details of my car.

Hope this helps

Paul

• Like 2