Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1998 Lexus LS400 idling problems

I have Lexus ls400 1998 that has inconsistent poor idling. I believe this may be an ecu issue. Is there an ecu repair service that you’d recommend? Thanks

It could also be sparkplugs or coilpack, and no they won't throw up a check engine light 

It may be the engine coolant temp sensor which throws up this condition, a easy fix. If the ECU was giving problems you would get it over other dynamics of the engine running process. 

Try cleaning the Mass Air Flow sensor.

Clean or replace the fuel filter. Check the fuel pressure and clean the fuel injectors.

Add fuel injection cleaning and maintenance fuel additive to the fuel tank.

Make sure the fuel cap has a good rubber sealant and no air can be drawn into the fuel tank.

Check the fuel canister for leaks and all its rubber tube connections are sound.

Chris.

Thankyou for your input/advice I appreciate it, but I really am trying to source anyone who tests the ecu ,it’s proving impossible

On 7/29/2021 at 10:47 AM, ambermarine said:

It may be the engine coolant temp sensor which throws up this condition, a easy fix. If the ECU was giving problems you would get it over other dynamics of the engine running process. 

This is what was causing my idling problems the coolant temp sensor!

Thanks very much I appreciate it. Where did you source your sensor? Did you replace it yourself? Would you have a part number?

phill

Look on ebay for LS400 coolant sensor it is green and fits just to the right hand side of the engine(lookiing from the rear of the engine) at the front top, there are tutorials on utube.

Trying to access the how to tutorials I keep getting an error: [[Template tutorials/front/browse/rows is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The problem with the “How to” guides is being investigated by admin so should hopefully be sorted soon.

Part number for the sensor is 89422-30030, these are on “special offer” at LPD albeit priced at £70.00.

2E488350-5D9C-4DFA-8965-90CFA2A161E2.png