Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We are really enjoying our new to us rx300 but didn't realise how thirsty they are and how much they drink. I couldn't find in owners manual the mpg but does anyone know how many miles a full tank should give me? The fuel tank is £80

Members like to see photos of other members cars. It is sort of giving back something, Like saying "Thank you!" for the help and advice you have been given.

We ALL love photos of Lexus cars!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

@spacewagon52

I prefer not and hope you respect my decision. 

Thank you

That's sad, but fair enough, it's your choice.

10 hours ago, b4u2 said:

We are really enjoying our new to us rx300 but didn't realise how thirsty they are and how much they drink. I couldn't find in owners manual the mpg but does anyone know how many miles a full tank should give me? The fuel tank is £80

They are a thirsty beast, when I had mine a full tank resulted in a range of about 280 miles. To be fair the official combined is only 23 and the urban figure 16, felt like I was always putting fuel in it, wasn't very quick either! Apart from that was a lovely car 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, b4u2 said:

What colour did you go for?

2 hours ago, m4rkw said:

I get about 375-400 miles out of mine depending on how I drive 😄 benefits of only having a puny 4-pot.

What does punny 4 pot mean? 

I wish I got that much

1 hour ago, b4u2 said:

@PCM

I don't know how mpg works. Sorry

Fill the petrol tank. Set the trip tp 0.

When the tank is nearly empty go to fill up. At the petrol station write down the mileage from the trip example 270 miles. Write down the number of litres it takes to fill the car again - Example 63 litres.

On your phone calculator divide the number of litres by 4.54, that gives you the amount in gallons. In my example 63 divided by 4.54 = 13.87 gallons.

Divide your mileage by the number of gallons. In my example 270 divided by 13.87 = 19.46 miles for each gallon of fuel.

i.e. around 19 mpg - miles per gallon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, b4u2 said:

@spacewagon52

I prefer not and hope you respect my decision. 

Thank you 

You could post some pictures without the number plate if that is your concern. After so much asking about Lexus cars we are curious to see yours. 

5 hours ago, b4u2 said:

@PCM

I don't know how mpg works. Sorry

You fill the tank up until it clicks off.

You reset the trip meter to zero.

You then drive until the fuel guage shows about 1/4 full.

You then go back to fill the tank again, and again wait until it clicks off. This is the most accurate way of making sure you fill up to the same level.

Note how many litres you've just put in.

Note how many miles you've done to use that amount.

Convert to gallons so that it's easier for us to understand.

Divide the miles figure by the fuel figure and you get your miles per gallon.

Example - 230 miles divided by 6 gallons = 38.33 miles per gallon.

• Like 2

@Herbie

well maybe you can work it out for me the tank of fuel costing me 80 quid which gave me 240 miles how much does that work out miles per gallon

4 hours ago, serbarry said:

You could post some pictures without the number plate if that is your concern. After so much asking about Lexus cars we are curious to see yours. 

@serbarry

No thanks 

1 hour ago, b4u2 said:

@Herbie

well maybe you can work it out for me the tank of fuel costing me 80 quid which gave me 240 miles how much does that work out miles per gallon

Depends on the cost of fuel where you are, but at £1.31 a litre or £5.98 a gallon, £80 is 13.37 gallons. So 240 miles on 13.37 gallons is 17.9 mpg