Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I bought NME208 (New Musical Expres/ Radio Luxembourg!) in 1969 when it was 6 years old for £60. After four and a half years of ownership and 100,000 miles later (I used to use it to commute from Milton Keynes to London) I sold it without an MOT for £45.

Lots more stories to tell but I might save them for later.

JBP

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Malc said:

but it says NME registration !

Malc

I agree old chum but could not resist referring the reg plate.

Just now, JBPRX400h said:

I bought NME208 (New Musical Expres/ Radio Luxembourg!) in 1969 when it was 6 years old for £60. After four and a half years of ownership and 100,000 miles later (I used to use it to commute from Milton Keynes to London) I sold it without an MOT for £45.

Lots more stories to tell but I might save them for later.

JBP

You`ve opened a can of worms now John , so let`s have a few to be going on with.😉😉

OK here's one to be going on with with a special nod to David's experience up the Grossglockner Pass, although I might have posted this story before.

As I have said my van was unusual in that it had a 4 speed gearbox.  However it would not stay in first gear and would just drop out under load.

One weekend  in the early seventies we decided to drive from Ambleside up to the Kirkstone Inn, a narrow little road with several 1 in 4 hills.  All went well until we reached the final steep bit and the poor old van just couldn't make it in 2nd gear so we turned round in a gateway and stormed up the last ascent in reverse.  Only trouble with that was it was (for the Lake District) a hot sunny day so the engine overheated and we arrived in the carpark opposite the inn in a great cloud of steam and to a round of cheering and applause from the customers sitting outside in the sunshine!!!

JBP

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, b4u2 said:

My thread has gone on a tangent, 

Let's all stay focused and stick to the point

As far as topics go, this one has moved off on a tangent but it served its purpose long ago, so why not drift a bit?

Your original point was that the RX300 is heavy on petrol and we all know that anyway, so I don't know what else can be said.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Many thanks. Any piccies available?

He/she has just said in another thread that they now want to sell it as it costs too much in petrol, but as I pointed out, no one is going to travel to buy it without seeing it first, so some photos are definitely needed now.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

@Herbie

Whoever wants to buy my car can pm me and I can send photos upon request if it's a genuine buyer.

Well, that's fair enough. As I've said before, that's your choice.

I'm genuinely curious though, what possible reason could you have for not putting pictures up? It's a car, not the blueprints to Fort Knox. How many hundreds of people on the streets do you think see it every time you drive it?

It's not something I've done before or feel particularly comfortable with to be honest with you and also would typically get lots of unnecessary comments. 

9 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

It's not something I've done before or feel particularly comfortable with

But why? What makes you feel uncomfortable about people looking at a 16-year old car on here, as opposed to people seeing it on the streets?

Of course, you don't have to answer, but I'm just struggling and genuinely curious to understand the actual rationale behind your decision.

Whatever happens, I genuinely wish you good luck and a speedy sale if that's what you want.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Couple of questions, 

1. Anyone knows how to fix interior door lights?

2. Anyone knows how to fix windscreen washer? 

@b4u2

Please DO NOT ask the same question on multiple threads - it serves no purpose and they will be moderator removed.

Please DO NOT reply to threads that are 10 years old - the original posters are not likely to still be members and therefore won't reply. They will be moderator removed.

Please start a new thread for each of your issues so that you get a concise answer and it serves as an easy to find and read reference for other members in the future.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links