Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member (first Lexus)

Simplicity

Hey guys, I’m new here so I just wanted to greet everyone I’m a new owner of an is300h (2014), bought the car today and drove it from Birmingham to London, I have to say I love the car already!.

if you guys got any random do,s and don’t please don’t hesitate.

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome to LOC Walled!

If everything on the car works then don't do anything just enjoy it! 🙂

Why Lexus? Why IS?

We like photos too when you get a chance.

Stay Safe!

Hello Waleed, congratulations on your recent purchase and welcome to the LOC,hoping you find the forum educational and informative 👍 

6 hours ago, Simplicity said:

if you guys got any random do,s and don’t please don’t hesitate.

Welcome to the forum!

This may not be your first hybrid. But if it is, the first bit of advice is to make sure the car is turned off when you get out (unless you're leaving it in the Ready state on purpose.) When I first had the car, I went to buy petrol and thought the car was turned off while I filled up. I only discovered it was still on all the time when I got back in the car. Because it was silent I thought it was off.

But the car will beep at you if you get out while it's still in the Ready state. While you're new to the car, make a point of listening to any warning beeps and working out what they mean. For example, it will beep if you get out of the car without turning it off. Mine did beep when I was buying petrol but I didn't know what it meant - I thought maybe the headlights were on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thackeray said:

But the car will beep at you if you get out while it's still in the Ready state. 

It should not beep if in ready but with the gear in P. At least it is like this in my Prius. 

Hi Waheed and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. It's good you've joined us. I've had 2 is300h both premium Premier (that's how the Lexus dealers described them,I didn't know any better back then lol).

There is a section within the forum specifically for 3rd gen IS which yours is.

The car is actually really reliable and the only real gripe someone here had was when they changed the 12v Battery and that caused the screen display, I think, to fail.

What spec of car is yours? How many miles on it and has it a lexus service history?

You can use an Independent garage to do services But you'll have to go to Lexus once a year for what's called a Hybrid Health Check usually about £55 but lexus service prices aren't as bad as you think. Check out service plans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, serbarry said:

It should not beep if in ready but with the gear in P. At least it is like this in my Prius. 

My GS300h beeps when in park and in ready mode ....come to think of it my F does also when engine running, not that you need the beep as the engine running is a clue 🙄 lol

Most beeps are explained in the manual but there's one that isn't mentioned. This is the warning beep you hear when you're approaching a speed camera. This has baffled a good many new users and it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Mr Vlad's reference above to changing the 12v Battery is good advice and worth bearing in mind for the future. If the 12v Battery is the original you may need to think about changing it when the winter comes. This is the thread where it's discussed. The key point seems to be that if your radio has a shiny finish this may be one of the early vulnerable ones that might fail when the 12v Battery is disconnected. But if it's the replacement version with a matt finish, it seems that it may not have this potential problem. Either way, if you have any doubt, it's probably best to get Lexus (not Halfords or Quickfit) to change the Battery, warning them in advance that if there's any potential problem with damage to the radio it's their responsibility.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Waheed and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. It's good you've joined us. I've had 2 is300h both premium Premier (that's how the Lexus dealers described them,I didn't know any better back then lol).

There is a section within the forum specifically for 3rd gen IS which yours is.

The car is actually really reliable and the only real gripe someone here had was when they changed the 12v battery and that caused the screen display, I think, to fail.

What spec of car is yours? How many miles on it and has it a lexus service history?

You can use an Independent garage to do services But you'll have to go to Lexus once a year for what's called a Hybrid Health Check usually about £55 but lexus service prices aren't as bad as you think. Check out service plans.

Mine is a black luxury trim 2014 with 46k, had first 3 Lexus service stamps and 2 more independents.

The car drives smooth and everything seems to work the way it should, however I’ll be looking into the hybrid health check at Lexus for peace of mind.