Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A big surprise ?

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

No, it was a fair point - if you are going to do a comparison then it should be a close to like for like as possible.  I was just being lazy the first time 🙂

That`s the first time I`ve experienced that with you old pal!😉

23 hours ago, Shahpor said:

To be honest, I just did a quick search and pulled a random image from Google.

However, ok, hopefully this is a better comparison for you:

Mini Cooper Classic Size

Choosing The Right Size Garage For Your Car | Lidget Compton

Still rather a big difference I would say.

Yep cars have certainly grown no doubt about it.

NCAP and our desire to have as much tech kit packed into our cars as possible has forced all cars to grow over the years. I think I’d feel pretty exposed in a classic Mini on out roads nowadays. I love ‘em though.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, Mincey said:

This reminds me of Big Daddy, Mick McManus and Giant Haystacks on a Saturday afternoon. There was always an old lady in the front row ready to batter one of them with her handbag...

Those were the days! I remember them well 😀

21 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

A SUV is for people who like a SUV and a little car is for people that like a little car and we should all be accepting each other.

My view too 👍

• Like 2

On 7/30/2021 at 2:47 PM, dutchie01 said:

Linas!! Your dreamcar is currently in the works undergoing final testing ! Tadaaaa!!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/possible-lexus-uc-sports-car-rendering-is-both-unnerving-and-somewhat-realistic-164235.html#agal_1 

( if you ask politely they might even make a hydrogen version for you only?)

I am sure such a car would be technically advanced and liked by some, although it looks ugly to me and compares unfavourably in this respect with the Jaguar F type and even my Maserati Indy of the nineteen seventies.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and can be offset by other merits, the reason why I bought my RX despite it's looks.

My Masser was later version but very similar to this one, a genuine 4 seater. https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/listing/maserati/indy/indy-4700/1971/191205

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I am sure such a car would be technically advanced and liked by some, although it looks ugly to me and compares unfavourably in this respect with the Jaguar F type and even my Maserati Indy of the nineteen seventies.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and can be offset by other merits, the reason why I bought my RX despite it's looks.

My Masser was later version but very similar to this one, a genuine 4 seater. https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/listing/maserati/indy/indy-4700/1971/191205

It seems to me that only the front grille differentiate one from another? Distinctive design like your Maserati or even my XKR seem hard to come by. I guess optimised design by computer is to blame 🚘

20210316_204324.jpg

5 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

It seems to me that only the front grille differentiate one from another? Distinctive design like your Maserati or even my XKR seem hard to come by. I guess optimised design by computer is to blame 🚘

20210316_204324.jpg

I like the flowing smooth lines of your car and most of the Aston Martins and Ferraris but I am sure designers struggle to find new shapes within the constraints of low drag, efficiency and cost of production and likely sales.  I think there is scope for improvement in the way SUV's look. The Jag 'F' Pace and Alfa Stelvio are better attempts in the styling department.

3 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

I like the flowing smooth lines of your car and most of the Aston Martins and Ferraris but I am sure designers struggle to find new shapes within the constraints of low drag, efficiency and cost of production and likely sales.  I think there is scope for improvement in the way SUV's look. The Jag 'F' type and Alfa Stelvio are better attempts in the styling department.

Agreed 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links