Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommendations for Towbar fitting - Yorkshire but dont mid travelling for the right fitter.

Having just purchased a 2013 RX450h Premier I am now looking for a high quality towbar fitter for a detachable with caravan electrics

I have already spoken to Armitages in Ferrybridge as they are just down the road from me (Knottingley) but looking for price comparisons as they have a month waiting list at the moment.

1 hour ago, Gliderpilot said:

PF Jones are in Manchester, They did mine on my drive in Morecambe. I got a Westfalia detachable.

did it involve cut on bumper as well and did you have 13pin or twin?

I went for a dedicated electrics kit and 13 pin, it wasn't cheap Circ £800 fitted. The under bumper is cut to access the tow-bar socket and fold down electric socket. Does yours have air suspension as the kit for without air is cheaper. The cut is in the under tray and as mine is silver it is visible but it is tolerable, you can only see it if you are crouching down or more than 6 feet away from the rear of the car.

Tow bar.JPG

• Like 1

I've tried everywhere in the country for a towbar for my 2010 450 and no-one has one. In the end, I've had to go to Lexus in Norwich and they've ordered one from Japan, coming on the 6th August. Luckily they have given me one at almost cost, but still £480 without fitting and electrics.

• Like 1

I have a 63 reg Premier with air suspension and I would confirm it makes a superb tow car, I tow a 1600kg Caravan effortless.

P F Jones fitted mine , a Westfalia detachable with dedicated 13 pin elecrics for £ 642 this time last year. Yes the bumper has to be cut but almost acceptable. one gripe is where the eye for the breakaway cable is fitted, it's a lie on the floor to connect it. You could ask them for the piece they cut out and try and find some way of attaching it when towbar is not in use. I didn't think of that at the time.

Incidently Wesrfalia make the towbar for Lexus, all Lexus do is put a Lexus sticker on it and charge £200 more.  

15 hours ago, Ken Crawley said:

I have a 63 reg Premier with air suspension and I would confirm it makes a superb tow car, I tow a 1600kg Caravan effortless.

P F Jones fitted mine , a Westfalia detachable with dedicated 13 pin elecrics for £ 642 this time last year. Yes the bumper has to be cut but almost acceptable. one gripe is where the eye for the breakaway cable is fitted, it's a lie on the floor to connect it. You could ask them for the piece they cut out and try and find some way of attaching it when towbar is not in use. I didn't think of that at the time.

Incidently Wesrfalia make the towbar for Lexus, all Lexus do is put a Lexus sticker on it and charge £200 more.  

thanks for the vote of confidence for the RX as a tow car.  talking to Lexus Leeds the other day and was told lexus dont recommend towing with hybrid, honestly some of their staff know less tan nothing 😄

I have it booked in at Armitages as they have great reviews and are literally a 10 minute walk away so support moving forward will be easy, they also do habitation checks so be good to have them look after van as well when I get one.  Is yours single or twin axle and how difficult is it to get nose weight right?