Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 exhaust back box - part no - saloon v sportcross?

br1anstorm

I'd appreciate some quick help and advice. I'm away from home so can't check my parts info.

The rear silencer box on my 2003 Is300 SportCross parted company with the exhaust pipe as I was driving south from my home in Scotland today. I removed the box, and the car is of course still driveable if a bit noisy.  Neither of the dealers on my route (Edinburgh and Newcastle) have a replacement in stock. To help in my search....  Can anyone advise whether the same part fits the saloon and the Sport Cross?  The only number I have is 17430 46660.

Next question is - any advice on alternative sources or suppliers? The OEM part is £400-ish from a dealer with 3-4 weeks delivery. If Lexuspartsdirect happen to have one on the shelf,  I will be in their area on Monday and could collect (they are due to call me back). But if there are better or cheaper options or recommendations (I'm browsing eBay right now), please let me know ASAP....

32 minutes ago, scudney said:

For 400 quid or thereabouts you could possibly have a custom stainless steel exhaust made 🤔 

Yes, John... The thought had crossed my mind. I have a custom S/S exhaust on one of my other cars. But surely a complete custom system would be more than that, especially if it includes catalysts... Which are not cheap. That's why I'm considering just a direct replacement for the back section and box - though ideally not at dealer price!  Are the cheaper non-OEM alternatives (eg on eBay) worth looking at,  or might there be issues of quality or fit?

• 1 year later...

Just got local garage to fit a patterned box, was less than £100, no problems at all, bit deeper exhaust note, guess not as much baffles inside compared to original one.