Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2008/2010 SC 430

Hi Guys,

I'm currently on my second SC430.  Its a 2006 with 75K miles.  I'm quite keen to purchase a very late low mileage replacement before they become extinct.  Does anyone know how many actual 2008 to 2010 built cars there are in the UK ?   I thought I'd found one recently which was advertised as a 2009 only to find out its actually a 2006 registered in 2009, so presumably sat in the dealers showroom for 3 years.  The holy grail for me would be to find a 2010 built car with about 30K on it.  Or am I whistling in the wind.  I'd quite happily go for a 2009 or even 2008 if they were built in those years, but without knowing how many actual cars there are its difficult to judge the rarity and, therefore, likelihood of finding one.

Thanks for any info.

Mark 

I don't think there were many produced for the UK market in 2008 or 2009 but a low mileage blue 2009 SC430 was sold to webuyanycar.com by a member recently. No doubt soon to be offered for a little more than £19k. 

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/lexus_sc430_auto

I don't think we ever got the slightly improved 2010 spec car in the UK.

As somebody who for many years watched many cars come up for sale and then be sold, I finally took the plunge last month.

My first thought was it must be as late as I can find but vehicles from the last three years of production are like hens teeth and very rarely come up for sale. Probably because most owners are enthusiasts and buy them for keeps.

I bought a 2007 model, more because of condition not its age.  The compromise was to find a good car and not get too bogged down about age.

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you find the car you are looking for.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 9:33 AM, royoftherovers said:

Try Lexusworld.com Mark.

Hi Roy excellent recommendation, hope no one objects🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

As somebody who for many years watched many cars come up for sale and then be sold, I finally took the plunge last month.

My first thought was it must be as late as I can find but vehicles from the last three years of production are like hens teeth and very rarely come up for sale. Probably because most owners are enthusiasts and buy them for keeps.

I bought a 2007 model, more because of condition not its age.  The compromise was to find a good car and not get too bogged down about age.

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you find the car you are looking for.

Yes exactly if you want an SC430 to enjoy rather than to look at or preserve in original concours condition then age isn't a problem. They are quite capable of very long service. Mine has 158k miles on it and despite all of the abuse it receives, a good service regime and a bit of attention when required is all that it needs.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to buy a later cat but put off by the fact that after 2005 the road tax almost doubles. For a car that is used rarely i am happy with my 2005 high mileage  car which is in lovely condition and i am not precious about leaving it parked anywhere or where i take it. Ok i have had to do a few jobs like top wishbones and shocks but a small price to pay for such a fabulous driver. Added to that the top down makes it even more special and in comparison to other newer  cars i paid peanuts for it. What's more my wife loves it which is a surprise seeing its such an old car. I have never been into new cars much preferring high quality older cars that usually have a big engine so sell at reasonable prices and just go on and on. With low annual mileage additional  petrol cost is not an issue as the car has not depreciated in value looking at the adverts for similar or older cars on line

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links