Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RX400h owner

Hi.

I just bought a 2007 400h, 99k miles, generally great condition. I love it so far. It seems easy to get 35mpg in mixed driving which I am happy about for a v6 petrol SUV. It doesn't enjoy corners much but that's OK, slows me down a bit 🙂  I just had the wheels refurbished and a new tyre fitted, 4 wheel alignment being done tomorrow too. Cambelt , water pump and tensioners booked in for a week's time too.

You may get questions from me 🙂

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Trefor said:

Hi.

I just bought a 2007 400h, 99k miles, generally great condition. I love it so far. It seems easy to get 35mpg in mixed driving which I am happy about for a v6 petrol SUV. It doesn't enjoy corners much but that's OK, slows me down a bit 🙂  I just had the wheels refurbished and a new tyre fitted, 4 wheel alignment being done tomorrow too. Cambelt , water pump and tensioners booked in for a week's time too.

Good stuff! Great cars.

Ask away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trefor said:

Hi.

Welcome Tref.

Your fuel consumption will increase as the weather gets cooler.

• Like 1

Same as you Tref not long bought a 2006 rx400h love it although its old everything seems to work always had VW,s but the keep needing money spent on the all I want is a reliable car getting cambelt changed next week. Does anyone know of anything else that should be looked at it has done a 13900 miles ?

Robert E

• Like 1

Thanks all. First question: Should the passenger door mirror dip when reverse gear is selected? My driver's door mirror does dip, but the passenger one does not. If I manually adjust it down when reversing it then finds its way way to the 'up' position (not noticed it doing it, but must be when I select Drive).

Oh, and has anyone fitted some kind of blindspot mirrors?

Otherwise 600 miles in all seems good. I replaced the batteries in my keyfobs and all 3 work now. I will fit a cat protector soon too by the way.

Gave it some welly away from the lights the other day, it shifts when you persuade it to! It has a LOT of torque steer though (my background is Mercedes, TVRs , and McLarens so never an issue before). Not to worry, such driving is a rare occurrence, my excuse is that there was a Renault Zoe who zoomed up next to me at the lights, can't be having him get away first LOL. Oh I did have to show a pushy MK1 X5 diesel that there is life in the Lexus up a long hill on the A303 too .... crikey I sound like a teenager 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trefor said:

Thanks all. First question: Should the passenger door mirror dip when reverse gear is selected? My driver's door mirror does dip, but the passenger one does not. If I manually adjust it down when reversing it then finds its way way to the 'up' position (not noticed it doing it, but must be when I select Drive).

I've never had a 400h but if the driver's mirror does dip then I would be extremely surprised if the passenger side didn't have the facility to do so as well. I'm sure that either within this forum or on YouTube, you'll find an instructional video on how to take the mirror apart and fix the problem.

22 hours ago, Trefor said:

Should the passenger door mirror dip when reverse gear is selected? My driver's door mirror does dip, but the passenger one does not. If I manually adjust it down when reversing it then finds its way way to the 'up' position (not noticed it doing it, but must be when I select Drive).

Sounds like it has got a bit lazy, or the mechanism is a little dirty which creates too much resistance. Several squirts of WD-40 whilst fully moving the mirror to the extremes of its travel in all directions may help a bit.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 7:36 AM, Trefor said:

Shucks, is it an RTFM? .... 🙂 Thank you, i will check.

Well I checked. The left mirror is definitely not behaving whatever the switch position. Will investigate further when I have time.

On 8/3/2021 at 8:34 AM, ColinBarber said:

Sounds like it has got a bit lazy, or the mechanism is a little dirty which creates too much resistance. Several squirts of WD-40 whilst fully moving the mirror to the extremes of its travel in all directions may help a bit.

I will take a closer look, thanks. Does the glass just pop off if you're careful like with most cars?