Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my old original Ls400     J54DAP     was a similar white ...  pearlescent white tho' and same tan upholstery ...  with 15" wheels and like this one's spare wheel, a Dunlop 

at £17k they could at least have replaced the spare wheel too methinks

Can't see the point in buying one of these fabulous cars never to use it ..  and if you are going to then save £10k and buy a similar one with a few more miles

A rare beast nonetheless:thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

Nevertheless, it's possible that asking prices like this will have an effect on prices overall. At least, that's what I'll respond with the next time SWMBO queries a major expenditure on my project LS400!

these are reaching the pricing stage where it's going to be a " better " buy finding a well looked after old Bentley or RR for similar money and drive those very very few miles in even more comfort ( but less reliability no doubt ) 

Malc

10 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Am I reading it wrong?

no, it's just a slip of the fingers on the keyboard by the MOT Tester inputting 

Look at mine on J54DAP, one Tester forgot the zero on the end in 2006 ......... 176680 miles .....  it happens:yes: 

Malc

• Like 1

yes I noticed it's " Deposit Taken " ........... well done those guys

I've also had my eyes on a fabulous 1982 RR with 26k miles ? on that Classic site and the last time I looked it was " auction finishing " and at about £8600

Methinks my money could be on that RR for greater £££ appreciation to come

BUT it's not me bidding for sure

Malc

Just had another look at “CarsfromJapan”

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-toyota-celsior-for-sale?minYear=1990&maxYear=1994

They only have 4 on sale between 1990-1994, the first one is very similar but only 9000kms at $16,665 (£12,000) shipped to Bristol.

As the car is less than 30 years old add 10% duty £13,200 and then 20% VAT £2640.00 totalling £15,840.

Throw in another £500.00 for other admin charges, MOT, registration and we’re at £16,340 for a car unseen in the metal until it gets here, no guarantee of paperwork regarding service history and major headaches if it isn’t as described.

£17,000 for a UK spec model with FLSH and your consumer rights intact now sounds like a bargain perhaps.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

sounds like a bargain perhaps.

but only if you never want to use it .....  and what's the point in that I ask  .......  buy one 50k miles more and save £10k ?

Malc