Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deposit paid on es300h 19 plate f sport

george72

Afternoon, after about 6 weeks of searching I have put a deposit on a march 19 f sport. I have never purchased a car before seeing it so I am a little nervous but I don't think I need to be as the car is from a main lexus dealer and as only done 5k miles. The question is what do I need to check before I transfer the money over? I have asked them about the retro fit software upgrade for AA and Acp. Is there anything else I need to check when I pick the car up? 

Many thanks 

• Like 1

Make sure that everything that has been agreed between you and the seller is confirmed in writing before you collect the car. Rakesh.

The Lexus Dealer will probably provide 12 month`s warranty so matters which need attention (if any) will be addressed.

Ensure that car is fully serviced and MOTD (IF APPLICABLE) before collection and payment. And check car over for any cosmetic damage which needs to be corrected. Ensure that your insurance is in place.

ENJOY your new purchase and show us a couple of photos please.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Make sure that everything that has been agreed between you and the seller is confirmed in writing before you collect the car. Rakesh.

The Lexus Dealer will probably provide 12 month`s warranty so matters which need attention (if any) will be addressed.

Ensure that car is fully serviced and MOTD (IF APPLICABLE) before collection and payment. And check car over for any cosmetic damage which needs to be corrected. Ensure that your insurance is in place.

ENJOY your new purchase and show us a couple of photos please.

Thats really helpful thanks John, i wanted them to throw in a set of rubber mats but they refused, what are peoples thoughts on a full set? do i go for genuine or can i get away with a good quality alternative?  

On 8/1/2021 at 9:40 PM, b4u2 said:

They should come with the car as standard! 

Carpeted mats yes, rubber mats not standard. Also, rear rubber mats for the ES are not available in the UK/EU. Inchcape Lexus in Guilford gave me the best price I could find on the original front set for 92.70 posted. Otherwise, the originals are exorbitantly priced. I used rears from my 4 door 10G civic and they fit near perfectly. Congrats on the purchase!

Edited by peniole
Correction, missing word "rear"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, peniole said:

Carpeted mats yes, rubber mats not standard. Also, rubber mats for the ES are not available in the UK/EU. Inchcape Lexus in Guilford gave me the best price I could find on the original front set for 92.70 posted. Otherwise, the originals are exorbitantly priced. I used rears from my 4 door 10G civic and they fit near perfectly. Congrats on the purchase!

Just enquired about the mats. They want 280 pounds for front ones only. I politely declined. If someone has purchased decent ones elsewhere please let me know. 

15 hours ago, george72 said:

Just enquired about the mats. They want 280 pounds for front ones only. I politely declined. If someone has purchased decent ones elsewhere please let me know. 

You mean you phoned these guys https://store.inchcape.co.uk/collections/floor-mats/products/genuine-lexus-es-rubber-floor-mats-front-rear-rhd-2018-0821033800c0

and they gave you a higher price than they have on their website?

Ignore that it says front and back on the page, they're only front, and the reason I called them. I was really hoping they had rears, but then they gave me the aforementioned deal on the phone. Maybe it was a mistake and they've wizened up? 🤷‍♂️

Before I called them I did have a good search, calling a few places, no-one came near. At the prices you are being quoted and I was finding, I was going to get generics. I briefly entertained the lexus protection pack for 300 pounds (the mats, boot mat, and rear bumper protector), but thought that was too much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peniole said:

You mean you phoned these guys https://store.inchcape.co.uk/collections/floor-mats/products/genuine-lexus-es-rubber-floor-mats-front-rear-rhd-2018-0821033800c0

and they gave you a higher price than they have on their website?

Ignore that it says front and back on the page, they're only front, and the reason I called them. I was really hoping they had rears, but then they gave me the aforementioned deal on the phone. Maybe it was a mistake and they've wizened up? 🤷‍♂️

Before I called them I did have a good search, calling a few places, no-one came near. At the prices you are being quoted and I was finding, I was going to get generics. I briefly entertained the lexus protection pack for 300 pounds (the mats, boot mat, and rear bumper protector), but thought that was too much.

Apologies i should have been clearer- i had contacted Lexus Lincoln - where i am purchasing my car from.

If buying remotely ask via email the following:

1. tyre condition? Are all tyres the same make and type? Tread depths on all 4 tyres? Any signs of uneven wear?

2. Any alloy wheel damage? Any scuffs / scrapes / marks?

3. Bodywork damage? Any dings / scrapes / scuffs or other damage?

4. Interior trim damage? Any scuffs / scrapes / damage to any of the interior trim?

5. Service history? Many dealerships advertise cars as full service history even when services have been carried out too late or even a service has been missed. Do your research, find out how often the particular model should be serviced and then ask dealership to confirm date and mileage of each service.

Don’t rely on verbal answers, ask for it in writing (email) and you should be fine. Don’t assume anything.

I’ve noticed a lot of approved used cars have missing services. Not necessarily an issue if the dealership brings the servicing up to date but if a car has missed a service then technically it does not have a full (& complete) service history.

That said, a 19 plate car with 5k miles should be fairly perfect I would think.

• Thanks 1