Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NRF, Nissens, Denso Radiators

So I'm looking to replace my radiator and the 3 brands available are NRF, Nissens and Denso. DENSO seem to be out of stock so either I wait for an unknown amount of time or I go with NRF or Nissens. Does anyone know anything about these two brands? Problem with googling it is you always get mixed feedback. Some people say not to get Nissens, not sure about how good NRF brand is. Does anybody have any experience with these brands?

Hi James,

I have used Nissens in the past without any problems and would certainly be inclined to use them again in the future if I find myself in need of a replacement radiator or condensor.

Dec.

OEM rad from LPD is £223 plus delivery, NRF and Nissens around £100 I think. I used a Nissens or NRF (can’t remember which) on an Audi A4 last year and it seemed ok and fitted fine. Can’t say about the longevity though.

6 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Have you priced up a genuine OEM radiator? Have you looked on Lexus Parts Direct? You may be surprised. 

As mentioned above by Razor61 the OEM one is overpriced. Considering Denso is only just over £100 but the lead time for Denso is currently 3-4weeks. I've ready that the nrf is supposed to be a good brand and comes with a 2 year unlimited mileage no quibble warranty and after discount codes comes to only £63 so may bite the bullet on that. Seems like. Reputable brand from all the reading I've done so far.

Warranties on parts usually stipulate that parts must be fitted by a vat registered garage!  I have tried ( and gave up) claiming on parts fitted by myself ( self taught, competent mechanic of 40+ years) before when they have failed so I don’t even bother to look for/compare claimed warranty periods!

’No Quibble’ sounds good though doesn’t it!

I have fitted Nissens radiators in my Volvo 240 and Volvo 940. Longest time being 7 years use. Both were a perfect fit. 940 around 5 years use. Condenser in 940 replaced also with Nissens one and all good, except leak on pipework so no working AC to really test condenser.

Also had Nissens condenser on a 2006 Lexus IS 220D. Again good fit and worked fine for a year until I scrapped the car as HG failed.

James👍 

10 hours ago, Texas said:

Warranties on parts usually stipulate that parts must be fitted by a vat registered garage!  I have tried ( and gave up) claiming on parts fitted by myself ( self taught, competent mechanic of 40+ years) before when they have failed so I don’t even bother to look for/compare claimed warranty periods!

’No Quibble’ sounds good though doesn’t it!

I know exactly what you mean as I experienced this issue with the unbranded alternator I bought a while back and luckily eBay gave me full refund. Eventually switched to Denso. Hence why I was looking for Denso radiator but with the very long lead time it seems not practical to wait. And this time I definitely won't be going for anything unbranded. My options are between nissens and nrf. NRF seems to have good reviews, they make radiators and condensers for trucks and stuff. They've been in the game for a long time too. Seeing as it is a reputable brand I think I might just bite the bullet and give it a try

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links