Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Celsior KPH to MPH conversion/speed delimiter.

Hi all,

After having a 2002 Lexus LS430 which is seems to be getting tired I imported a Toyota Celsior from Japan which wasn't as well equipped as the UK Lexus but its very clean/tidy/unabused and feels crisp in everyway, the difference in the way the two cars drive is worlds apart with the 2002 Lexus getting ready for the scrapper and the Celsior feels as new. Very happy with the purchase apart from the 180 kph speed limiter.

I purchased UK MPH clocks for the Celsior taken out of a facelift LS430 from Paul Frost and they seem to be working fine but the car is still limited to 110mph (tested on a private runway strip). Also tried an engine ECU remap and the guy said he removed the limiter from 5 different locations on the software but that also hasn't took the limiter off. 

I read on some forums that the KPH to MPH chips which can be purchased from eBay can remove the speed limiter from the car and I am in the process of trying this out however I am unable to find the speed signal wire from the wiring loom on the speedo connector, does anyone know which wire this would be? If this doesn't work in taking the limiter off then I have hit a dead end.

I am going to be driving through Germany in the coming week so would like the speed limiter off, ideally I would like the limiter off and stick to UK clocks, in the event that is not an option then I can put the chip in the back of the KPH clocks providing that gets rid of the limiter.

Any input in this would help.

Good question regarding the insurance John 2 I was asked if the car had been “modified” when I took my new policy out.

Regarding the speed signal location this may help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/925413-vss-speed-sensor-tap-location.html 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LS road runner said:

I have a trade policy so anything up to 6 litre or 250k in value

Happy Days when I had my own car sales business too  .........  long back tho' ; and drive absolutely anything available.............  never tend to make a claim for us ultra careful drivers :wink3:

Malc

9 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Good question regarding the insurance John 2 I was asked if the car had been “modified” when I took my new policy out.

Regarding the speed signal location this may help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/925413-vss-speed-sensor-tap-location.html 

Thanks for this but I need the speed signal wire going into the back of the speedo.

At this point, its trial and error, conncted the ground and 12v and cutting off one wire at a time to see which one will cause the speedo to not work and that will be our wire. 

I had no luck with my Celsior, the speed (as I discovered in Germany) is limited to 112mph, which at least pleased my wife! The cruise control also is restricted to 70mph. There is a YouTube video for doing this on the LS400/Celsior but sadly it's different to the 430. If you find the solution be sure to post your findings.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links