Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 CT auto fold mirror module

PCGuru

Hi folks,

Today the OH has collected her 2017 CT200h & I've been scouring the forums to see if there's a module to add to make the mirrors fold automatically when locking the car.

I've seen the one for the LHD version on Alibaba, but does anyone know if there's a RHD one out there? I've searched amazon, eBay and Alibaba (which I've never used).

I have also seen ones that are listed as Universal, but does anyone have any experience fitting these to a CT & have any wiring diagrams or even pointers, if that's the way I might have to go.

Many TIA's

Simon

I,ve seen people retrofitting them on the US CT forum but that was some time ago and may take a bit of trawling through.

There isn,t a plug and play module on these as i doubt that there is an additional loom in there for it.

• Like 1

I looked when I got mine and could not find any clear add on that would work. I have accepted that it is not likely to happen which is a shame given the number of other very basic cars which appear to have the function. 

I just use the mirror fold button in the car just before turning off the power (i.e fold the mirror first) then when the power is off push the button again to open. This at least means that when you press the power button (in the car) the mirrors open automatically.

Not perfect but it works. 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 200h said:

"I have also seen ones that are listed as Universal, but does anyone have any experience fitting these to a CT & have any wiring diagrams or even pointers, if that's the way I might have to go."

I've ordered 2 of these from Aliexpress yesterday, now I need a wiring diagram, which I'm sure I'll find here in the Forum somewhere 🙂

• 4 months later...

The car has folding mirrors, which we activate by pushing a button to fold and unfold them every time. 

I have bought the module on AliExpress which automates this function, but does not come with a specific wiring diagram and is not plug and play like the LHD version, since the car is RHD.

I was asking if anyone had fitted one and had some sort of wiring diagram already, to save me the hassle of teaching every wire if it's been done before.