Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I've had my car checked today and there is a small split in the Y section near the back of the car.

I had set a budget aside for an exhaust before buying the car. I wanted to see how many owners had:

1. Tony Banks Exhaust from Leeds
  2. Tanabe Medallion Touring
  3. Another option I hadn't considered

I saw this clip on YouTube, which I hope is what the Tanabe on the Mk3 also sounds like due to being a similar engine:

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the same split in my Y-Pipe, so have looked into it and the options appear to be much as you've siad - Tanabe or go somewhere for a custom back box. Interested to hear what yours sounds like!

The same happen to my GS300 several years ago and I just had a stainless Y pipe welded on, cost me around £140 and lasted a few years before the rest of the exhaust gave up. Replaced with back boxes from Germany and center pipe/cats from Poland.

Kev

On 8/20/2021 at 7:20 PM, Mike_Mac said:

I've got the same split in my Y-Pipe, so have looked into it and the options appear to be much as you've siad - Tanabe or go somewhere for a custom back box. Interested to hear what yours sounds like!

On my GS300, it's only a very slight split so I will sell it as is and advise the next owner. 

My GS430 however has an aftermarket exhaust, which is too loud and needs modification to become more Lexus like. At the moment, it says look at me. The opposite of a Lexus in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, KevH said:

The same happen to my GS300 several years ago and I just had a stainless Y pipe welded on, cost me around £140 and lasted a few years before the rest of the exhaust gave up. Replaced with back boxes from Germany and center pipe/cats from Poland.

Kev

Appreciate the reply!