Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Huddersfield Meet

Lexiguy

We were travelling through Huddersfield yesterday and saw another SC430.

My 10 year old was beside himself to follow him so we could look at his car.

20210804_110155.thumb.jpg.28c994b5682a40734c106906b8267552.jpgWe parked in an underground carpark and enjoyed 5 minutes talking SC430.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

I wonder how many SC430 owners are out there in my neck of the woods who would enjoy meeting other owners and their cars?

Anyone interested?

There is a lad from Ilkley on Lexusworld.com who will probably be able to tell you Anthony.

• Like 1

Perhaps 4 or 5 might be possible in Yorkshire. SC430 owners do like a meet but curiously many of them don't like to travel too far. 🙃 We managed to get 7 together for a South East meet and a record 10 at the 2019 Toyota MR2 Drivers Club, Meet in 2019.

Thanks John and Neil for your replies but there appears to be a distinct lack of responses from members in the north of England. 

Shame I can't search members by area and contact them directly.

I still remain hopeful that more will respond, then we can look at a venue central to the interested parties.  

8 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Thanks John and Neil for your replies but there appears to be a distinct lack of responses from members in the north of England. 

Shame I can't search members by area and contact them directly.

I still remain hopeful that more will respond, then we can look at a venue central to the interested parties.  

It's always a challenge to find a date and a venue that appeals to all interested members. There are a few in the Midlands who might fancy a trip North, maybe try for a nice spot in the Peak District?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Neil E said:

It's always a challenge to find a date and a venue that appeals to all interested members. There are a few in the Midlands who might fancy a trip North, maybe try for a nice spot in the Peak District?

That sounds good, I live right on the edge of the peak district infact did a 75 mile circuit to of it today with top down. I'm happy meeting anywhere but pubs have loos which is a plus to meet at a pub. Can you sound out the guys you know in the Midlands but it needs to be fairly soon or certainly before the weather breaks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lexiguy said:

That sounds good, I live right on the edge of the peak district infact did a 75 mile circuit to of it today with top down. I'm happy meeting anywhere but pubs have loos which is a plus to meet at a pub. Can you sound out the guys you know in the Midlands but it needs to be fairly soon or certainly before the weather breaks.

Hi Anthony

If you can suggest a good place and probably 2 Saturday dates, I can ask those that I know. Might be worth checking with admin if there are any general Lexus meets planned.

I was thinking 4th or 11th September. I have asked admin and await their response. 

I am open to suggestions but the Cat and Fiddle in the middle of the countryside on the tops just south of Buxton looks like a promising contender to me.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

Please don't make it on a Saturday as that won't work for me.

Consider all members before finalising a date.

Thank you!

Experience suggests Saturday would be the best day of the week for most. Which day would you propose?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil E said:

Experience suggests Saturday would be the best day of the week for most. Which day would you propose?

@Neil E

Sunday sounds good. 

Is this for all Lexus cars or only the sc430?

1 hour ago, b4u2 said:

@Neil E

Sunday sounds good. 

Is this for all Lexus cars or only the sc430?

I don't know yet. I'm not the person organising it but I have agreed to contact some SC430 owners to see if they are interested. If it's like every other Lexus / SC430 meet I've attended, everyone is welcome whether Lexus owners or not. We're a friendly bunch.🙂 

It's been so long, perhaps there's enough interest for a 'LexFest' on Saturday and Sunday.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:29 AM, Lexiguy said:

I wonder how many SC430 owners are out there in my neck of the woods who would enjoy meeting other owners and their cars?

Anyone interested?

Dispite the significant amount of views this thread has had the take up of anyone with a SC430 expressing of confirming interest in attending a meet has been almost non existent. 

Any meet is dependant upon the location of the interested parties so we can arrange a mutually acceptable area, venue and date.

I await your responses and would personally travel to get together with fellow SC430 owners and have the opportunity to see other vehicles. 

Anthony

• Like 2

Anthony if the dates work for me, I will make the effort to head North from West Sussex and as promised, I've put the call out to some other SC430 owners to see if they are interested in an early September meet. Sometimes these things don't come together and sometimes they snowball. On one occasion I arranged to meet a fellow owner to swap notes one Saturday morning and in no time at all 5 others + an ISF were tagging along.

I am in South Derbyshire, and would love to join you.  4th September is good, 11th is a no for me.

There is an SC meet in Lincolnshire next Sunday, 22 Aug, organised through a Facebook group:  https://facebook.com/events/s/the-one-and-only-greatest-car-/832820583965061/

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

I am in South Derbyshire, and would love to join you.  4th September is good, 11th is a no for me.

There is an SC meet in Lincolnshire next Sunday, 22 Aug, organised through a Facebook group:  https://facebook.com/events/s/the-one-and-only-greatest-car-/832820583965061/

Hi Ian

I did not find out about the Lincolnshire meet until today but I will be attending and hope to meet you there.

I suppose that meet negates the rush for us to have a meeting in our area but we can discuss that for sure.

Anthony 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Louis Churchill said:

Hi Ian,

The link isnt working for me.  I would be interested in joining the meet, can you let me know where this is happening please and times etc.

Louis

SUN, 22 AUG AT 12:00

LEXUS SC-430 SUMMER GATHERING

https://goo.gl/maps/SwXceMNEBcrs9M3J8

The largest Lexus SC-430 car show to be held in the United Kingdom and from a recent research this will be the largest SC-430 CAR SHOW in the WORLD.

Location: MAIN ROAD, LITTLE HALE, SLEAFORD. LINCONISHIRE. NG34 9BA. (There will be a Lexus A-board on Main Road indicating the entrance to the show.  10mph speed limit on the entrance drive must be respected).

https://www.lexus-sc430club.co.uk/contact-us

Don't forget!!!

The SC430 meeting at Sleaford tomorrow Sunday 22nd August). The weather forecast is improving and it promises to be the most SC's ever assembled in the UK.

Please say hi to me, I will be the guy with the SC mad 10 year old! 😬

• Like 4