Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What sort of idiot is this?

Mincey

There's me, minding my own business on a trip to the supermarket, when this jam roll in a wrapped Schiessewagen sets off the loudest bang (the clip doesn't do it justice) in the known universe under the flyover in front of me. I almost needed new trousers. Is this supposed to be cool? Daaarn wiv da kidz innit blood? Tosspot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's crazy the way it seems to be legal. We were walking the dog last week when one of these boneheads did it at the lights, we all jumped out of our skins. I can't imagine what that might do to people with heart conditions etc.

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

James, can you explain it to me please?

I heard what sounded like a gunshot but saw nothing that might explain it!

I believe it has been mapped (or something) so that when he/she lifts off, it goes bang. I'm no expert - someone here may be able to provide a better explanation than me. It is a totally unnecessary thing though.

6 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I believe it has been mapped (or something) so that when he/she lifts off, it goes bang. I'm no expert - someone here may be able to provide a better explanation than me. It is a totally unnecessary thing though.

I agree, but which car on the video went bang James?

15 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I agree, but which car on the video went bang James?

It'll be that going off custard coloured contraption, it's basically a substitution for low self esteem or a lacking in the trouser area! 

And I'd much rather enjoy listening to Paul Rogers in peace!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are a few around where we live that do this and it sounds like an engine backfiring and it scares our pets witless. I don't understand it but I thought there were regulations about vehicle exhaust noise. 

Oh by the way @Mincey Planet Rock 👍

• Like 2

I'm of an age when I used to watch circus clowns amusing everyone with their backfiring banger. I simply can't understand this current penchant for "pops and crackles", just make me think of clowns.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Brian R said:

I'm of an age when I used to watch circus clowns amusing everyone with their backfiring banger. I simply can't understand this current penchant for "pops and crackles", just make me think of clowns.

That's exactly what me and my wife were saying, they sound like clowns cars falling to pieces!

• Like 2

Sorry but you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time or you are of the nervous disposition. It was unfortunate that, not sure if it was a BMW M4 or a C63S merc back firing but personally I find it amusing. 

• Haha 1

Fiat-1400-nr.-1024-nr.-3.jpg

Nothing new Mincey. Been around since the motorcar was invented i guess. Young men and cars. In my days it was exhaust tips ( or full exhaust like the pic) and antennas, a dark strip on the frontscreen blocking the sun, Mudflaps and of course noise noise. We drove twinstroke motorcycles in the days with a 3 in 1 expansion exhaust with the silencers/dampers removed! The noise was deafening. Yamaha RD350 Kawasaki 750 and so on. Thinking back its baffling this was allowed no police at all...

Like you i hate the blurb/crackles/pops or what they are called but i guess its a generation thing? ( like to have a quiet breakfast and silent glass of wine in the garden now oh dear its almost bedtime)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Sorry but you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time or you are of the nervous disposition. It was unfortunate that, not sure if it was a BMW M4 or a C63S merc back firing but personally I find it amusing. 

How can you say it's amusing?  I've seen people jump with fear, I've seen dogs try to run from their owners, and judging by your comment you don't have a nervous disposition like many do, so that's alright then, let's all just laugh, and if it causes a really elderly person to completely freak out we'll just laugh even louder.

• Like 5

The normal every day policing of our roads has just about completely disappeared over the last 20 years unfortunately. It happens outside my house in a quiet rural village road I would say 2-3 times a week and that’s when I’m around to hear it so probably happening more than that. It’s unburnt fuel being dumped into the exhaust where it detonates, I think. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

It’s unburnt fuel being dumped into the exhaust where it detonates, I think. 

That was certainly the case when I was a lad!  The perpetrators would turn off the ignition while the car was rolling and the engine turning over, and then turn it on again.

Unburnt fuel vapour would be sent to the silencer, to be finally ignited by the next burst of hot exhaust gas.

Not something I ever did myself.  Mainly because the chances of blowing the exhaust open were quite high.

• Like 2

I think the furthest I've ever been down this path is attaching a piece of cardboard to the frame of my Raleigh Chopper (purple...) with a clothes peg so it sounded like a 500cc Superbike as I rode it, and cutting out a piece of paper from Autocar with "Turbo" on it and sticking it in the back screen of my mum's Suzuki SC100.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I think it was a C63 Merc but I'll bow to the judgement of others. They're quite popular round these parts with Asian lads who wrap them in all manner of matt or shiny finishes. 

On 8/5/2021 at 5:35 PM, Mincey said:

There's me, minding my own business on a trip to the supermarket, when this jam roll in a wrapped Schiessewagen sets off the loudest bang (the clip doesn't do it justice) in the known universe under the flyover in front of me. I almost needed new trousers. Is this supposed to be cool? Daaarn wiv da kidz innit blood? Tosspot.

Gov.co.uk says that should Merc be Blue and a Diesel ?

38 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Gov.co.uk says that should Merc be Blue and a Diesel ?

The little tinker! Fancy wrapping it and forgetting to tell the DVLA...

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And YOU let him get away James.🤣

True, but to be fair John, it did sound like he had some serious artillery on board!

7 hours ago, Mincey said:

I think the furthest I've ever been down this path is attaching a piece of cardboard to the frame of my Raleigh Chopper (purple...) with a clothes peg so it sounded like a 500cc Superbike as I rode it, and cutting out a piece of paper from Autocar with "Turbo" on it and sticking it in the back screen of my mum's Suzuki SC100.

Been there done that 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The office where I work is right on the corner of a busy junction and when the traffic lights turn green, it's either scary, annoying or awe-inspiring, depending on your perspective. Trust me, it's like Santa Pod sometimes. I go for the annoying category. 

With the re-mapping and subsequent sound effects, the end result can't be good for the exhaust system in general. I would've thought that at the least, the life of the joints and components like silencers, internal baffle plates etc is seriously shortened due to all that back pressure. Exhaust systems ain't cheap, either. Maybe a new exhaust every I dunno, 18 months or so is considered a worthwhile expense? 

Keeps some in employment, I suppose.

• Like 1