Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

32 minutes ago, gordon shenton said:

Hi .

I am looking to purchase a Lexus is 250c if anyone out there is thinking of selling.

Also any advice on purchasing the above would be appreciated.

What mpg can i expect ?

Regards Gordon

Hi Gordon

i managed to bag a CAT D write off IS250C for my mum and it’s great! Had to address an issue with the brakes and a few scuffs but nothing major.

I recently took a trip to heathrow in the IS250C to give it a good run with my mum and her heavy suitcases and with cruise control at 73 my average MPG was around 41 to 43mpg according to the tank average. 
town driving this will drop to 28 to 32 just depending on how light of a foot you have, comparing it to my IS250 F sport it’s very similar economy I’d say. 

Generally when buying follow the same rules as the IS250 and the pinned buyers guide will Help you out, the only exception is make sure the convertible roof is operating smoothly and doesn’t make an excessive amount of noise. As they can be pricey to fix if it were to fail. 

Generally speaking as solid as IS250, but with electric roof. The roofs are relatively reliable when it comes to convertibles in general, but it is still the most likely part of the car to fail (rest of the car being bulletproof). If the roof works on the day of purchasing that is a good start.

In IS250 would would generally just under 30 MPG (~26-28 tank average), the best ever on motorway was ~44MPG, achievable with good tyres and staying below 90MPH, worst was on short journeys in winter ~22MPG. IS250c is lightly heavier, but overall will be in same ballpark.

Rest of the car is the same and has same issues as IS250 - sticking brake callipers which need maintenance at least annually and which is not included in service - that is greasing slider pins. Rest of the car is solid as long as it was maintained. If car is extremely high mileage (~180k miles+) there may be some other related issues, but they are normal wear an tear on that mileage, not weaknesses per se. 

Apart of that all normal used car buying tips apply - look at the actually condition of the car, get somebody to inspect it if not sure, keep records of discussion between yourself and seller as the only thing which matters is what you have agreed to purchase and what seller agreed to sell. If it ever comes to point of disagreement it is better to have it in writing (like e-mail) to prove what you have agreed to buy.

• Like 1

Hi I have run a 250C for 6 years and have to agree with Linas.P regarding fuel consumption ,the car is a great cruiser and loves long runs when you will get 40+ Mpg. I have done all my own servicing and the car runs great ,all replacements have just been normal service replacements  .With the roof down some tyres can seem noisy I like goodyears  Look for a good Service history with proper bills of items replaced not just stamps in books (I have bought from main dealers before with stamps for jobs which have not been carried out or not carried out correctly).The prices are quite firm and they were not popular so you may have to pay a premium for a good one .Look outside the Lexus main dealers if you want to save money ,I bought mine from a Merc dealer who after he had driven it 170 miles up to me said ' I don't think I have charged you enough for this car even though it has the wrong badge on the front !! '  If you want any further help just ask

Dave

I am thinking about selling mine……it’s under I year full warranty with Lexus and is in stunning condition,it also has a service plan with Lexus one more free service and MOT, it’s a 2009 model with full Lexus service history and bills etc.

7CAA8A19-2CF2-480E-8202-9BF6D330F7A1.jpeg

3F97FC75-AD0A-43D6-A311-4F5ACF9BF330.jpeg

430A5F40-6FC3-4455-8FE1-13557016508F.jpeg

9C965585-4F5A-47A0-9C2C-72CC8660D249.jpeg

7454553D-9ABE-41AF-AED9-C8219E1B7AEB.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links