Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have A Dilema ?

While at Gaydon yesterday I had a look at Claires gorgeous GS300 :wub::wub:

and today I went to my local Lexus dealer and they have a GS300 SE in the same colour blue, Im soooo tempted to trade in my IS200 SE and go for the GS, But I have a few questions.

The GS300 SE is an R reg 1998 @ £14k

and Lexus are willing to give me around 10K for my IS200 SE. This will pay off my outstanding debt on my car and i'll be starting a new finance for the full amount on the GS.

I do lots of traffic driving in my SE its an Auto and I get around 240 miles per full tank of optimax which costs me about £48.00 to fill up to the brim

will the GS cost me much more in petrol? how much does it cost to fill up?

Is the GS much quicker than my IS200 auto?

are there any common problems with the GS, the IS has the ball joints ( which need changing on my car) and inner tyre wear (also a prob on my car )and the classic err 3 audio problems.

Hmm what to do ???

That's too much for an R reg. At least 2k less and should have sat nav. £500 less without the nav.

There are less problems on the GS compared to the IS:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=16&c=3

Try and get a 2001 model if you can (Nov 2000+)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=69&c=3

I would say the GS will cost you another £6 to fill up for the same mileage. They are not that good in stop/start traffic.

I really rate my GS and don't think you would be disappointed. The SE always comes up well as some people aren't keen on the harder ride of the Sport (although it doesn't worry me).

I'd have a look around as the one you mention looks a little over priced, but maybe you'll get a good deal on it?

The GS is a different drive to the IS but it's a great combination of fun and (dare I say it) practicality!

Oh I really like the sound of that V300 TT :o :o

Thanks all for your input, I shall knock the one at the dealer on the head. really really thinking about it, im not sure I can afford to pay out the extra for the car and the excess in running costs :yawn::yawn:

I'll see what my boss offers me when it comes to raise time :winky: :winky:

Unless my maths is really out (enirely possible, I'm not the best at figures!), I don't think it'll be too much dearer than running the IS for me. Petrol will make the most difference, but I'm finding I'm only <sigh> getting 30 miles less out of a tank of fuel.

I found it difficult to get decent insurance quotes, but when I did, it came in about the same/bit cheaper than the IS.

Awww, go on, you know you want one!

ok.. as I have the mark 1 we know is uses the same engine

But just as a rough comparison i use £20 for every 120 miles around town.. thats alot of cold starts too

motorway cruising at 80+ i can get 150 miles for £20

Crusing at 70 or less I get 170 miles per £20

I have test these figures

its a shame you cant get evistas sport.. thats in buy and sell think he wants about 13k

well worth a look..his ad

craig

Good on you jac, and its only £12,500 now.

Whether you go for mine or not you wont be disappointed in the GS - especially the sport as it looks so cool B)

ok.. as I have the mark 1 we know is uses the same engine

But just as a rough comparison i use £20 for every 120 miles around town.. thats alot of cold starts too

motorway cruising at 80+ i can get 150 miles for £20

Crusing at 70 or less I get 170 miles per £20

I have test these figures

I did not relise it had the same lump thiught the mk2 had a different one ,Evista that is one cheap sport might have a trip to the bank tomorrow for a begging session :P

The basic engine is the same although there are quite a few differences. e.g. the series II engine has vvt-i, higher compression ratio, electronic throttle, different ignition, produces more power, less emissions and better economy.