Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Negativity on this forum

Shahpor

To engage in eristic argumentation whereby the aim is to have the last word rather than try to reach a shared conclusion is not unusual in online forums since it takes only two willing participants out of potentially many.  Threads based on a desire for controversy for controversy’s sake are easy to recognize after the first few posts and equally easy to ignore thereafter.  

The LOC has changed little over the years and generally retains its characteristic civility and helpfulness despite the membership having   Increased enormously apace with the number of Lexus owners.   Certainly, despite the survival of pockets of earnestness, the tone has become lighter, and if you are looking for entertainment there is plenty available.

• Like 2

I go away on holiday and war breaks out on the forum 😛

I have to say it is the most mild-manner argument I've seen on any forum 😆 this is the forum I've stuck with the longest out of any car ownership, as I find it the most pleasant and useful!

The IS220d was the best Lexus ever made, so much so they never made a diesel like it again! 🤣

Always take written words with a pinch of salt, as they are more open to interpretation than in person and wasting energy blowing hot air via the keyboard is a waste, go clean the car instead 😉

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I go away on holiday and war breaks out on the forum 😛

I have to say it is the most mild-manner argument I've seen on any forum 😆 this is the forum I've stuck with the longest out of any car ownership, as I find it the most pleasant and useful!

Different standards for all things Lexus, you know that 😉

20 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

The IS220d was the best Lexus ever made, so much so they never made a diesel like it again! 🤣

I stand corrected.  As a previous IS220d owner, I must concur with this statement. 🙂

• Like 1

Naturally, we all favour the type of vehicle we drive, although some owners may be disappointed with certain aspects and say so and almost all seem happy to admit Lexus infotainment systems could be better.  I can understand members having a strong dislike of certain models and trends but that's fair comment if not over pressed and repeated.  Sometimes people should be able to laugh at themselves and their prejudices and accept a bit of chiding.  I haven't detected much animosity and hope we can all be civil and hopefully be friendly and helpful to each other even when we see things differently.  

• Like 4

Eh up Shahpor. Facts and figures eh? Sorry no. My current is250 I love more than the SUPERB RX450h f-sport I had and the 2nd of the 2 is300h premier which was SUPERB. I've had a UX250h for 24 hours and ruddy ell I loved it. So buddy I stick to the is250 until maybe one day I get an ISF or GSF or LC500 or the car of which there is only one of a RXF, yes a RX with the  Lexus V8 in it. Now That's got to be the best car Lexus could make.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Naturally, we all favour the type of vehicle we drive, although some owners may be disappointed with certain aspects and say so and almost all seem happy to admit Lexus infotainment systems could be better.  I can understand members having a strong dislike of certain models and trends but that's fair comment if not over pressed and repeated.  Sometimes people should be able to laugh at themselves and their prejudices and accept a bit of chiding.  I haven't detected much animosity and hope we can all be civil and hopefully be friendly and helpful to each other even when we see things differently.  

Well said Barry 

4 hours ago, dublet said:

Man: Is this the right thread for an argument?

Other Man: I've told you once.

Man: No you haven't!

Other Man: Yes I have.

M: When?

O: Just now.

M: No you didn't!

O: Yes I did!

M: You didn't!

O: I did!

M: You didn't!

O: I'm telling you, I did!

M: You did not!

O: Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

M: Ah! (taking out his wallet and paying) Just the five minutes.

O: Just the five minutes. Thank you.

O: Anyway, I did.

M: You most certainly did not!

O: Now let's get one thing quite clear: I most definitely told you!

M: Oh no you didn't!

O: Oh yes I did!

M: No you DIDN'T!

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument!

(pause)

O: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!

(pause)

M: It's just contradiction!

O: No it isn't!

M: It IS!

O: It is NOT!

M: You just contradicted me!

O: No I didn't!

M: You DID!

O: No no no!

M: You did just then!

O: Nonsense!

M: (exasperated) Oh, this is futile!!

(pause)

M: Yes it is!

(pause)

M: I came here for a good argument!

O: AH, no you didn't, you came here for an argument!

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

O: Well! it CAN be!

M: No it can't!

M: An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! 'tisn't just contradiction.

O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!

M: Yes but it isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.

M: No it ISN'T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

O: It is NOT!

M: It is!

O: Not at all!

M: It is!

(The Arguer hits a bell on his desk and stops.)

O: Thank you, that's it.

You forgot:

I never said that.

What did you never say?

What I said before.

4 hours ago, Shahpor said:

🙂And you are both wrong since it is blatantly obvious that the GS450h is the best Lexus ever 😉

I don’t want to be controversial (or do I?) but I think the 2014 GS300h premier, despite its lack of speed) is the best Lexus!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

Have never been in other Lexus than the CT we have and been told here on the forum that it is not really a Lexus.

You should try being the owner of a diesel Lexus on here! 🙂

Seriously though, no idea why anyone would think the CT wasn't a Lexus, especially as it demonstrates the typical Lexus traits like reliability, comfort, good build quality, etc..

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

I don’t want to be controversial (or do I?) but I think the 2014 GS300h premier, despite its lack of speed) is the best Lexus!

As the owner of a GS450h Premier, I respectfully disagree 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Initial P said:

Surely the best car is the one your own.

If only that were true..

I know it sounds like a cliché, but I think the obvious choice is that the LFA is the best Lexus ever made.

Compared to that, I somehow doubt my GS would make the cut.

8 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

If only that were true..

I know it sounds like a cliché, but I think the obvious choice is that the LFA is the best Lexus ever made.

Compared to that, I somehow doubt my GS would make the cut.

Only if the LFA had a hydrogen power plant. And there was more room in it.

12 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Only if the LFA had a hydrogen power plant. And there was more room in it.

Blasphemy!  The Lexus God's would like a word...🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links