Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010 RX450h - 'Vehicle Customisation' Menu missing?

Hi all,

I've got a 2010 rx450h with the nav/mmi system. When i navigate to vehicle settings on the system, typically there's 3 buttons. First is 'maintenance', second is 'LEXUS park assist' however there is no third button. I know for sure this third button should show 'vehicle customisation' because i remember i've selected this a while back (maybe 1 or 2 years ago).

I'm now trying to get to that menu but its missing - i'm not sure whats wrong. I've made sure the car is in park with the handbrake on.

Anyone else had this issue?

Could be wrong as it's been a while now since I had a 450h, but I seem to remember that the customisation screen is not on the main satnav screen, but is between the speedo and rev/eco dial?

• Like 2

My 2014 RX450h is the first I've owned, and I'm not familiar with your terminology 'vehicle customisation'....(though maybe I should be!)

Following up on Dan's post above, are you perchance referring to the toggle buttons on the r/hand side of the steering wheel, which together with the menu button, enable you to choose Eco, std (and in my car Sport) modes etc?

53 minutes ago, Illogan said:

My 2014 RX450h is the first I've owned, and I'm not familiar with your terminology 'vehicle customisation'....(though maybe I should be!)

Following up on Dan's post above, are you perchance referring to the toggle buttons on the r/hand side of the steering wheel, which together with the menu button, enable you to choose Eco, std (and in my car Sport) modes etc?

You should be able to use this button to move right and left and select different menus. One is a customisation menu that allows you to change the sensitivity of the light sensor, another to change what triggers door locking/unlocking (i.e. speed or gear selection in and out of P), easy access (partial/full), etc. Most of the customisation options are only available when the car is in 'P' (not accessible in Drive mode).

As I said, it's been a while since I've owned an RX but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If in doubt, you may need to check your handbook (vehicle customisation or just customisation). You can download one from the Lexus website.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:52 PM, RXboii_786 said:

Hi all,

I've got a 2010 rx450h with the nav/mmi system. When i navigate to vehicle settings on the system, typically there's 3 buttons. First is 'maintenance', second is 'LEXUS park assist' however there is no third button. I know for sure this third button should show 'vehicle customisation' because i remember i've selected this a while back (maybe 1 or 2 years ago).

I'm now trying to get to that menu but its missing - i'm not sure whats wrong. I've made sure the car is in park with the handbrake on.

Anyone else had this issue?

Update:

You post made me investigate on my car - - and then I realise that my previous post was complete rubbish!

Apologies

When you reach the point on your nav/mmi system, and navigate to vehicle settings - there are indeed a number of onscreen buttons - - (the vehicle customisation' button is greyed out.

Until you power up the car - - then, as if by magic (!) - the button springs into life - and you can customise all the options available

On 8/13/2021 at 3:52 PM, Illogan said:

Update:

You post made me investigate on my car - - and then I realise that my previous post was complete rubbish!

Apologies

When you reach the point on your nav/mmi system, and navigate to vehicle settings - there are indeed a number of onscreen buttons - - (the vehicle customisation' button is greyed out.

Until you power up the car - - then, as if by magic (!) - the button springs into life - and you can customise all the options available

Hi,

thanks for yours response. Mine is a 2010 model, which has the 2010 - 2012 infotainment system, quite different to the system added in 2013 (or end of 2012). Mine isn't greyed out, the button just isnt there. Its literally disappeared. I know for sure its gone because i remember clicking on the vehicle customization button when i bought the car (about 2 years ago). I've made sure the cars started, in park, handbrake on and it still isn't there...

On 8/9/2021 at 10:51 AM, DanD said:

You should be able to use this button to move right and left and select different menus. One is a customisation menu that allows you to change the sensitivity of the light sensor, another to change what triggers door locking/unlocking (i.e. speed or gear selection in and out of P), easy access (partial/full), etc. Most of the customisation options are only available when the car is in 'P' (not accessible in Drive mode).

As I said, it's been a while since I've owned an RX but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If in doubt, you may need to check your handbook (vehicle customisation or just customisation). You can download one from the Lexus website.

Hi, i think this feature was added in the 2012/13 facelift perhaps, mine doesn't have this. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2021 at 10:51 AM, DanD said:

Using the manual is always a joy, if only to experience the wonderfully intuitive nature of it.

For example, there is no "Vehicle Customisation" reference in the index of the Owner's Manual.  However, there is a "Customisation" reference. So, one duly goes to that page, only to see instructions on how to use the customisation options that are accessed by the button on the steering wheel, and the little LED display. Ever helpful though, it then says, for customisation options available on the navigation screen, please refer to the Navigation System Manual.

Whilst desperately trying to maintain the will to live, you dig out the Navigation System Manual, and are filled with hope when you see "Vehicle Customisation" in the index. Excitedly you turn to the required page, and are pleased to see instructions on how to access the Vehicle Customisation settings. The excitement turns to joyful anticipation and curiosity, as your eyes move down the page to see what wonders of customisation are available to you, only to have despair rapidly return when confronted by the sentence "For a list of the settings that can be changed, refer to Owner's Manual." ...FFS.

Any lingering will to live has now gone forever, and is replaced with a burning desire to rant on a forum.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

To turn off the Smart Entry system on 2011 Rx450h:

Open car and start engine

Press and Hold the "Menu" button on the steering wheel until the vehicle config menue appears between the power dial and speedo

Flicj through the options using up and down scroll button until you reach the "Smart Entry" option; Press select; Select "Off"; Press Select.

The car now doe not look for your Smart Key.  To lock and unlock, use the buttons on the Smart Key.  Once you are in the car, hold the Smart Key with the Lexus symbol next to the Start Button and press; then Press the Start Button again with your foot on the brake pedal, and the Hybrid Drive will start and show Ready.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links