Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus - Cleaning - Detailing

14 hours ago, LordByronUK said:

Never let the dealership clean your car, they will scratch the hell out of your clear coat with the dirty mitts the use! You have been warned 🙂

I couldn't agree more!

Yes, don't let them clean it. Mine is always clean, and I ensure it is when I take it to a dealership. 

I tell reception and also put my own signs on the dash and passenger seat!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

If you remember, I asked for some information on nanotechnology treatment, for my RC300H.

At the end of October I had the treatment done and I would like to report my personal feedback.

First of all it must be said that I did not have the treatment done by a detailer, but at a body shop that was, for 20 years, first a historic Lexus dealer and then after the parent company refurbished the sales network, merging Lexus with Toyota (and in Italy this created enormous inconvenience to the "Lexus customers of the old guard") excluding those who did not adhere to "a new showroom design", they continued only as bodywork.

That said, I trust them because since the first Lexus IS200 that they bought from them they have proven to be high-level professionals and knowledge for Lexus paint, in fact they have developed a nano treatment area within their facility.

The product used is NASIOL ZX53, a product that according to many would be of medium/low level which however really satisfied me, in fact compared to other cars with much more "known" treatments, the yield on my car is incredible and, in my humble opinion really better.

Of course the treatment was preceded by decontamination and polishing.

After 6 months I can say that this treatment is essential for the protection of the car and I regret not having done it before, thinking about how many cars I have ruined by washing them in an inappropriate way and, above all, not having protected them.

Not only did I find a kind of "self-cleaning" effect, the dirt doesn't even get to the surface, but the sheen and brilliance of the color is exceptional.
In the evening, a classic Sonic Titanium color effect (which changes tone depending on the light), is highlighted incredibly.

There is a very evident "drop" effect, when it rains: the car simply dries up while driving, the effect is truly spectacular.

I made it everywhere, in every single detail of the car, except the frontal windshield: here I use just a SOFT99 cleaner that add protection.

I notice that bird and insect droppings can be removed immediately only with a jet of water, avoiding that, remaining for a few hours on the surface of the bodywork, they cause damage on the transparent.

As for my maintenance routine, the car has never been washed with automatic washes, I perform a pre-wash at commercial washes with only the pressure washer and a specific product from the company Labocosmetica, and then at home I proceed with a wash " rinseless ", completely by hand and then I pass a specific quick detailer to protect and enhance the "sheen".

Personally, I really recommend making this investment, which in my humble opinion extends the life of the car, improve the washing process and make the car more beautiful.

I add some picture shoot in my garage with artificial light, outside in the night and in the morning during a rainy day.

Hope it helps and thanks for your attention.

ECO2LEX.jpg

ECO2LEX2.jpg

ECO2LEX3.jpg

ECO2LEX4.jpg

ECO2LEX5.jpg

NANO-01.jpg

NANO-02.jpg

NANO-03.jpg

NANO-04.jpg

NANO-05-night.jpg

Edited by Overland
some typos
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2022 at 5:27 PM, Overland said:

If you remember, I asked for some information on nanotechnology treatment, for my RC300H.

At the end of October I had the treatment done and I would like to report my personal feedback.

First of all it must be said that I did not have the treatment done by a detailer, but at a body shop that was, for 20 years, first a historic Lexus dealer and then after the parent company refurbished the sales network, merging Lexus with Toyota (and in Italy this created enormous inconvenience to the "Lexus customers of the old guard") excluding those who did not adhere to "a new showroom design", they continued only as bodywork.

That said, I trust them because since the first Lexus IS200 that they bought from them they have proven to be high-level professionals and knowledge for Lexus paint, in fact they have developed a nano treatment area within their facility.

The product used is NASIOL ZX53, a product that according to many would be of medium/low level which however really satisfied me, in fact compared to other cars with much more "known" treatments, the yield on my car is incredible and, in my humble opinion really better.

Of course the treatment was preceded by decontamination and polishing.

After 6 months I can say that this treatment is essential for the protection of the car and I regret not having done it before, thinking about how many cars I have ruined by washing them in an inappropriate way and, above all, not having protected them.

Not only did I find a kind of "self-cleaning" effect, the dirt doesn't even get to the surface, but the sheen and brilliance of the color is exceptional.
In the evening, a classic Sonic Titanium color effect (which changes tone depending on the light), is highlighted incredibly.

There is a very evident "drop" effect, when it rains: the car simply dries up while driving, the effect is truly spectacular.

I made it everywhere, in every single detail of the car, except the frontal windshield: here I use just a SOFT99 cleaner that add protection.

I notice that bird and insect droppings can be removed immediately only with a jet of water, avoiding that, remaining for a few hours on the surface of the bodywork, they cause damage on the transparent.

As for my maintenance routine, the car has never been washed with automatic washes, I perform a pre-wash at commercial washes with only the pressure washer and a specific product from the company Labocosmetica, and then at home I proceed with a wash " rinseless ", completely by hand and then I pass a specific quick detailer to protect and enhance the "sheen".

Personally, I really recommend making this investment, which in my humble opinion extends the life of the car, improve the washing process and make the car more beautiful.

I add some picture shoot in my garage with artificial light, outside in the night and in the morning during a rainy day.

Hope it helps and thanks for your attention.

ECO2LEX.jpg

ECO2LEX2.jpg

ECO2LEX3.jpg

ECO2LEX4.jpg

ECO2LEX5.jpg

NANO-01.jpg

NANO-02.jpg

NANO-03.jpg

NANO-04.jpg

NANO-05-night.jpg

Bit late to this party, but in case this reaches you: how much did this treatment cost? Truly impressive results.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pretty good experience with soft99's Fusso coat wax, which claims to last la year. And while that may be a bit much, i gotta say the effect is not fully gone after a bit over a year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To update this topic, after about three year I can say the protection is still good.
What is important it's how a coating is maintaned... perosanlly I wash the car by hand, with rinseless process and I use a ceramic detail quick detailer spray, made by a USA brand called DIY that is amazing.

To anser to the old quetsion that I missed (sorry) the first process cost me in Italy more than 1000€

Now, if one is able to polish the car itslef, this price can be decreased dramatically, as there ar eon the market products very good to apply a ceramic coating at home without problems, but polishing the paint is mandatory.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links