Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Advice Needed Please

Hello I need a little buying advice if possible.......

I went too look at a 99 Is200 today for sale today it is in very good condition, no bonnet chips, By the looks of it new alloys on it and the interior is in excellent condition as well..... The thing is it has 130000 on the clock!!!

It has a full LSH on it from Woodford which has been done bang on the 10000miles the price it is up for is £8595 its in very good condition, do you think its a reasonable price for it ive looked at the obvious things all joints, full lock tesy checked theengine over for any leaks, none i could see.

What do you guys think.........is it worth going back for another look....it drives very well its an auto and has sat nav as well and is in granite sky.

Thanks in advance for your help Nick

If you're buying from a garage, it should still come with a 3 month basic warranty which is better than nothing. If it looks that good and the price is right (see if you can get them down another few hundred £) I'd go for it. They are well engineered and if it's been looked after should be good fore many more miles yet. If it's been a motorway cruiser, it's probably got less wear on it than an equivalent 45 000 mile town runabout.

Choice is yours now matey. Good luck ;)

LEXUS WOODFORD

Two Year Free Servicing Offer:

We are offering a two year (or 20,000 mile) Service Plan free of charge to any customer who purchases and takes delivery of a Lexus Approved Used Car during March 2004. If you would like to find out more about the free servicing offer, any model in the Lexus range or to arrange a test drive, please contact us on 020 8559 7660.

Cant be bad either :D

Lexus are renowned for using crap paint on the IS200, check out previous posts. If the car has done 120,000 miles with no stone chips its a safe bet the bonnet has been resprayed, chances are so have the bumper and wings. I wouldnt worry about this, but i would give it another look and double check your happy with the finish. When i bought mine it only had 50,000 on the clock and part of the condition of sale was that the bonnet was blown over because even with lowish mileage the bonnet was stone chipped to hell. I wouldnt worry to much about the mileage if it has a full service history and you intend to keep it for a couple of years, but obviously it will only attract a minority of potentail buyers when you come to sell with that mileage, so if your anything like me and tend to change your car regulary it may not be such a good idea.

Your choice buddy, your definately eyeing up the right choice of car.

Sorry didnt make it totally clear its from a garage not lexus woodford thats where the servicing was all done!!

I had inteneded too keep it for a few years as her indoors is dead set on buying a house so it will be the last car that i own only for ayear and so wanted too get one that would last me a while.

I only drive a few miles back and forth too work each day and she is getting a comapny car next month so it will not get a huge amount of use......just want something to use that is decent for me thats all really as her car will get most of the use.

Thanks so far for all your responses Nick

If your happy with the car and going to keep it, i would say go for it. The mileage will even its self out if its not going to be used much. I would strongly advise paying an independent company like the AA or RAC to do a thorough check. I did it when i bought mine, cost about £200 pounds and they went through the car with a fine tooth comb, they were there checking every aspect of the vehicle for over 4 hours. Gives good peace of mind and in my opinion is better than any garage warranty. Also if they pick up on anything you can as i did barter on the selling price and hopefully recoup most of the cost back.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links