Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic transmission fluid service

Ok OK don't shout at me for starting yet another thread on this very well documented subject. But this thread is different. Why? Well I'll tell you. Are you sitting comfy? 

I was in my car a day or 3 ago just playing with the satnav screen and pressing buttons I'd not pressed before. Now something really odd struck me when I pressed the maintainance  button and lots of other buttons came up such as service intervals, Battery service, etc etc but one I found I thought eh up why is that there. Automatic transmission fluid service. 

Now we all know it's not part of the cars servicing but if that's the case then why is it in the cars maintainance schedule on screen?

And another thing. Since on that screen other service items are on why don't dealers actually input info within those categories. I will be asking Lexus Stockport when my car goes in for a major service next week. 

Good point about asking the dealer.

The other day a reminder came up on my screen to take my 55 plate LS430 for a service.

Im going to check my screen if it says anything about ATF service.

I'd say the reminder software feature is generic and applies across multiple vehicles, some which require ATF changes.

Fluid change is part of the maintenance schedule if you are on the severe schedule so is applicable to the IS250.

Most dealers don't set/reset those schedule reminders - they are more for the owner's use if they DIY. Dealers use their service schedule, not what the calendar function of the nav system states.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would say because software is generic and Lexus just been a bit lazy on it. For example same sat-nav would have been fitted to manual car which has it on 40k maintenance schedule. 

Edited by ColinBarber

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Ok OK don't shout at me for starting yet another thread on this very well documented subject. But this thread is different. Why? Well I'll tell you. Are you sitting comfy? 

I was in my car a day or 3 ago just playing with the satnav screen and pressing buttons I'd not pressed before. Now something really odd struck me when I pressed the maintainance  button and lots of other buttons came up such as service intervals, battery service, etc etc but one I found I thought eh up why is that there. Automatic transmission fluid service. 

Now we all know it's not part of the cars servicing but if that's the case then why is it in the cars maintainance schedule on screen?

And another thing. Since on that screen other service items are on why don't dealers actually input info within those categories. I will be asking Lexus Stockport when my car goes in for a major service next week. 

how much is that service and does it include plugs?

Ahhh never thought about a generic reminder schedule thing. Nice one Colin 👍

Mike, I'm on a service plan so I don't know how much this major service costs and if it includes spark plugs. I'll have to ask about the plugs but something in the back of my head makes me think plugs are not included unless requested. 

Talking of my up coming service. Lexus Stockport phoned me about it. How good is that I thought. What surprised me tho is now they charge £15 for a curtacy car, cheeky gits as it was free last year. I'll query that with them. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Ahhh never thought about a generic reminder schedule thing. Nice one Colin 👍

Mike, I'm on a service plan so I don't know how much this major service costs and if it includes spark plugs. I'll have to ask about the plugs but something in the back of my head makes me think plugs are not included unless requested. 

Talking of my up coming service. Lexus Stockport phoned me about it. How good is that I thought. What surprised me tho is now they charge £15 for a curtacy car, cheeky gits as it was free last year. I'll query that with them. 

my local Lexus Woodford charge £10 which to my knowledge covers the insurance premium, as with most other dealers

44 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

they charge £15 for a curtacy car, cheeky gits as it was free last year. I'll query that with them. 

No that is for additional insurance, but it is not mandatory - you can say "no I don't need it" and they won't charge it. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links