Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

E10 Fuel In NX

I have been filling with E10 for the past few weeks, and I can't say that I have noticed any difference either in consumption or in performance.

Recently drove from Winchester to Exeter and back and averaged 41mpg, which I think it's pretty good. This is based on the onboard computer rather than on any scientific calculation. I don't think the latter is worth worrying about because it can be influenced by so many factors and I can't see that a difference of a few MPG either way is going to make a significant financial difference overall.

Just refilled after having used a second full tank of E10. As before, no noticeable change in car feel or typical mpg compared with E5. Perhaps the Atkinson cycle and low state of tune of the NX engine make any difference unnoticeable.

On 9/7/2021 at 4:35 PM, DanD said:

I have been filling with E10 for the past few weeks, and I can't say that I have noticed any difference either in consumption or in performance.

Recently drove from Winchester to Exeter and back and averaged 41mpg, which I think it's pretty good. This is based on the onboard computer rather than on any scientific calculation. I don't think the latter is worth worrying about because it can be influenced by so many factors and I can't see that a difference of a few MPG either way is going to make a significant financial difference overall.

^^ Same here. I did a c250 mile round trip today on a full tank of E10. The trip was 80% motorway, and performance seemed unchanged to me. Overall economy according to the computer was 39mpg, which I’m perfectly happy with and is in line with similar trips previously.

4 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Just refilled after having used a second full tank of E10. As before, no noticeable change in car feel or typical mpg compared with E5. Perhaps the Atkinson cycle and low state of tune of the NX engine make any difference unnoticeable.

Likewise I am now about to fill my thitd full tank of E10 and haven't noticed any change in performance and the computer is indicating 45.7 mpg. I record brim to brim fill ups so I expect that it will come in at 44mpg as the computer tends to be optimistic. That consumption is very much on par with what E5 was returning. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 10:46 AM, Andy B said:

Same here. No noticeable difference in performance or MPG after two fill-ups with E10.

My car is now on its third full tank of E10, and if anything mpg has gone up! Yesterday I completed a 100 mile (mostly) motorway journey and the computer indicated 44.3%.

• Like 4

On 9/19/2021 at 7:41 AM, First_Lexus said:

My car is now on its third full tank of E10, and if anything mpg has gone up! Yesterday I completed a 100 mile (mostly) motorway journey and the computer indicated 44.3%.

Interesting as I can report the same. Now on my 4th tank of E10, and managed 52.1 MPG (car computer) on my 12 mile trip to the office.

Also showed 42MPG on a return trip from Winchester to Cheltenham, about 4-5 MPG better than on previous trips.

• Thanks 1

Planned 600 mile round trip next week

My experience to date is no loss in performance but a drop of 5% in mpg on 20 mile runs.

Will report as mine is a rare 4x4 version that clearly is not as economical as the front drive models.

Tel

22 hours ago, Tel said:

Will report as mine is a rare 4x4 version that clearly is not as economical as the front drive models

^^ I thought nearly all NXs were 4x4, as the front drive only model was only available on the base version? Certainly both of mine have been ‘4x4.’ 

Are there more front drive only NXs about than I realised?

All NX Luxury, F-Sport and Premier models were four wheel drive vehicles. At the time these were sold they made up the bulk of NX vehicles sold. Four wheel drive in terms of the rear wheels being capable of being driven by an electric motor. The NX200T was a true four wheel drive vehicle in that drive was provided to all four wheels by the engine.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tel said:

All 4x4 NX & UX 4x4 models are Factory Orders which attract the "Luxury Road Tax " so their rarity is guaranteed.

Tel

For sale on Autotrader at the moment there are 485 NX. Only three are listed as front wheel drive, the remainder are all ‘4x4’ as described by @paulrnx

• Like 1

I am correct but only for the revised 2019 NX that was available from March that year.

As stated in previous Posts, the rear motor engages drive in more circumstances & the AVS cycles twice as fast.

Tel

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Tel said:

I am correct but only for the revised 2019 NX that was available from March that year.

As stated in previous Posts, the rear motor engages drive in more circumstances & the AVS cycles twice as fast.

Tel

I not sure I understand what point you are trying to make.

The latest NX F-Sport with AVS & revised drive is a very refined car compared with the pre-2019 version.

Even my tyre pressures on my 2021 version are 4 ps.ig lower than my 2019 model.

My 2021 NX mpg was c.42 mpg on E5 fuel but has fell to 38 mpg on 20 mile trips using E10.

As no other Forum members have experienced this E10 adverse effect I concluded it may be due to the more situations the rear drive engages.

My Family live in Worcester.

We should meet once normally returns & fuel is not in short supply!

Tel

Apparently my E10 fuel consumption will really improve on long journeys 

Tomorrow I was going to the Gower to confirm the above but have had to cancel as the 7 petrol stations nearby are closed.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

Chuffed to report E10 consumption is now c. 43mpg on 20 mile trips.

Assume the improvement is due to the "drive train running in"

Want to go on a long trip once fuel supply returns to normal.

The Carlinkit 2 remains very impressive even working normally in known signal dead spots that my 2021 Aygo suffers big time.

Tel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

From 35mpg down to 29-30 mpg

Wow that is low. Have never recorded figures like that and have kept a log of every re-fuel from day one in my NX Luxury. On one occasion dropped to 31mpg but the average has been north of 40mpg - 35-39 in the coldest months and up to 46 in summer. There has been no noticeable difference with E10 fuel - in fact if anything its been more economical having recorded between 40 and 44mpg in the last 5 fill ups. Clearly type of journey is crucial but generally my mix is local and longer motorway use. 

I waft along in Sport Mode & achieve c. 40 mpg on 20 mile urban trips.

Ask your Dealer to investigate as I would expect to get even better economy on a long Motorway run.

Tel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

no need for a trip to the dealer, I live in a very hilly part of the country, very few stretches of flat anywhere I drive, compared to previous cars which averaged 25 to 29 at very best.

Gone back to e5, mpg back up to "usual" figures, for the extra few pence per litre, I get more for my money overall.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links