Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

EBC Yellowstuff & which brake discs?

JDM-Fiend

As per the title, I'm looking to buy some EBC Yellowstuff pads for my MK3 GS300 as I've used them in the past and they were fantastic. Admittedly, they were on a much lighter car. 

The current brake discs, pads and rear shoes seem past their best currently.

On my Civic's, I've used Honda OEM brake discs paired with the Yellows and it was a great combo, with decent bite from cold.

What brake discs do most people use on these cars? Or do most stick to OEM? Does anyone know if the Lexus OEM part is a rebrand of another disc I can get off the shelf.

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance.

I'm also considering Redstuff as I've heard some good reviews, along with the reduced brake dust.

Also, for the front and rears in Reds I'm looking at saving over £50 which is a reasonable saving.

I wouldn't say you need Yellow ones. Red is suitable for your GS, Green is definitely for smaller vehicles.

I used Red on my GS F with stock discs no problem, and whilst the brakes are much bigger than on your vehicle I'm sure Red would be find on the GS300 too. The main reason I changed was to get rid of the squeal that you get with the OEM track pads, which won't be an issue for you, but the dust and price reduction is also nice.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I wouldn't say you need Yellow ones. Red is suitable for your GS, Green is definitely for smaller vehicles.

I used Red on my GS F with stock discs no problem, and whilst the brakes are much bigger than on your vehicle I'm sure Red would be find on the GS300 too. The main reason I changed was to get rid of the squeal that you get with the OEM track pads, which won't be an issue for you, but the dust and price reduction is also nice.

Appreciate this, I actually ordered the Reds as I wrote this post.

I'll order the OEM Lexus discs from Lexus Parts Direct, they aren't expensive anyway.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1