Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gaydon....got The Creative Juices Flowing

SteveL

Had a great day at Gaydon, and after seeing some of the great engines, i've decided i want a piece of the action.

I loved the coloured covers on some of the cars, like THIS ONE and i fancy having a crack at this.

Can any of you guys who've done this give me some pointers on the products and processes you used to achieve the effect? :)

Steve, i had the blue IS200 not far down the line from Dave's, and had two of the covers painted blue in the engine bay, and all i did was as follows:

got some plastic adhesive primer (to allow it to stick well on the covers)

gentle rub down the covers with some scotch brite pads

primer coats x3 (20 mins between each)

top coats x 3 (30 mins between each)

chrome craft paint on the VVT-I writing (40 mins to dry)

clear laquer x2 (30 mins between each)

should really have left them to dry a bit longer before putting them back on the car, but ran out of time! :P

I should have some piccies up soon, PM me if you want some via email.

Stu :driving:

Stu, thanks for the info.

Don't think i saw your engine bay on Sunday, pretty sure your bonnet wasn't up when i was around there.

I got my mate to take me some pics of Dave Ellen's, Dobedo's, and a plat ice with red covers (not sure who's car!) so i would know exactly which covers to do!

Would be grateful if you'd e-mail me your pics too when you have them, i'll drop you a PM in a minute. :)

whos car was that in the pic???

If you meant the red one with purple type colour covers, that was dobedo's, if you meant the platinum ice one with the purple type colour panels, that was john-boy1's.

Mine was the royal sapphire blue one.

Stu :driving:

If you meant the red one with purple type colour covers, that was dobedo's,

ok cheers for that - was wondering as his brake/clutch fluid is clean so has either not had the SC for long or has recently flushed the fluid.

ok cheers for that - was wondering as his brake/clutch fluid is clean so has either not had the SC for long or has recently flushed the fluid.

rob

nearly a year ago it was fitted

not replaced fluid or topped up since

i knew you would notice :lol:

rob

nearly a year ago it was fitted

not replaced fluid or topped up since

i knew you would notice :lol:

well i must say i am very surprised that it looks like new, you must be one of the few that are lucky!

I assuming that you have the T piece into the brake reservoir and using the normal black tubing.