Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 8/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, Barry14UK said:

People need to be more responsible in a number of ways including not having many children.

then we should consider a campaign of banning or super road taxing all cars that seat more than 5 pax :wink3: ........ there's some silly arguments around so just thought I'd get one in toooooo ........................ 

Malc

17 minutes ago, Malc said:

then we should consider a campaign of banning or super road taxing all cars that seat more than 5 pax :wink3: ........ there's some silly arguments around so just thought I'd get one in toooooo ........................ 

Malc

Yes some silly arguments.  How could you expect people to behave responsibly? Many can't be bothered even when it comes to their own lives by refusing the corvid jab but hopefully, as with this, the majority will realise the situation or Malthus may yet be proved right!

13 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

or Malthus may yet be proved right!

thankfully the world was a less structured and knowing place in the 1700's ......... and even Mr Toyota hadn't thought to invent the motor car ..  but there we have it, some clever so-and so will tell us that the car had been invented .........  just that they hadn't thought to put a fossil liquid-fuelled engine into it .....  nor indeed horse droppings that would have deprived farmers of their rightful stores of manure to improve the agricultural lot at the time .....  oh and thereby food production for the burgeoning masses that were eating the country " out of house and home " ..........(  wonder where that phrase cam from ? Malthus probably eh ! :wink3: )  

Malc

3 hours ago, Delphius1 said:

Also, electric cars don't run on pixie dust and unicorn droppings: there's a coal or gas fired, CO2-belching power station providing the electrons to charge your electric ever-so-righteous-mobile, so they are never the pious proposal owners delude themselves they are.

At least the hybrids harness kinetic energy that otherwise would be wasted. They do save CO2 emissions over time. But just ignore the toxic lakes produced by the lithium mines... 

No arguing with that 😄 Apart from thermal power stations though, we have wind power, solar PV and other renewable energy sources feeding into the grid... There is liberty of choice, hence you may well get all your electricity needs supplied by renewables! An interesting documentary to watch: "Who killed the electric car".

I swear by the ultimate bp - miles extra on my RX450H. I wouldn't change it for the world.

My house is net zero using renewable electricity for years, with solar panels on the roof, V2G with my Nissan Leaf, EV driver for over 6+ years, Hybrid for 13+ years and recently replaced gas boiler to air source heat pump + offsetting. One child. It is still not making any difference at all - damm!

23 minutes ago, sylm_2000 said:

offsetting. One child.

offsetting one child seems an interesting concept ...........:wink3:  ...........  does Family Allowance still pervade ?

Malc

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links