Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h 4th Generation Aftermarket CarPlay

Hi,

I've got a RX450h 2019, live in the UK, and I am looking to add CarPlay. I am reasonable competent with minor car electrics, dashboard removal and looking to do this myself. 

I was wondering if anyone else had done this, had successes or failures, could recommend a unit or a provider, or even a car hifi speciailists who has fitted one?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, WipeOut said:

Hi,

I've got a RX450h 2019, live in the UK, and I am looking to add CarPlay. I am reasonable competent with minor car electrics, dashboard removal and looking to do this myself. 

I was wondering if anyone else had done this, had successes or failures, could recommend a unit or a provider, or even a car hifi speciailists who has fitted one?

Thank you.

Have a look at my thread here. At this point, I was very hopeful but I have to say that I'm disappointed with it. I'll try to find the post where I detail why I'm disappointed so keep watching this thread of yours BUT, having said that I made a discovery just yesterday that MAY make things better - I'll elaborate on that when I have more time and done some more experimentation.

I have the Grom.  By and large, it's fine (particularly the music and navigation options), but as it's a slightly strange Android system, it does not always play well with some apps.

Grom are always updating firmware and software, and I've found them very responsive to queries.

PM me if you have any specific questions

• 6 months later...