Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Protective Weather Covering - Any Advice?

By luck rather than design I have on two recent occasions avoided damage to the car from violent hailstorms, the first time by covering it just in time with blankets and the second by quickly finding shelter before the storm broke.  My insurance covers damage from weather, which is comforting, but I frankly prefer not to have to use it.

Does anybody use or know of a brand of protective cover suitable for the RC?  I have done a quick online search without too much success.  One amazon supplier, for example, specifies suitability for the RC but on closer reading seems to mean RX …

I had my car under cover for over a year before selling, but it would not be suitable for outside use. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DEH6KOG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Size L - 486 x 139 x 120 cm and it fits just right, but it kind of stretch type so dimensions are approximate.

Using cover is real pain ... and I am saying it despite my car being garaged. I only bought it to protect it from dust because it wasn't used very often. To begin with car has to be clean before you put it on otherwise cover will turn into massive piece of sandpaper, then because you will keep car outside you need to find way of attaching the cover to the car somehow (some covers has strings) and you need thick and expensive cover which is suitable for outdoors and would actually protect your car from hail - most covers don't do that.

23 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Using cover is real pain ... 

Linas:  thanks for the prompt reply.  Agree that covers are a pain, not to mention that hail-proof ones are very expensive and even less easy to handle.  My purchase will be based purely on the thought that anything will be better than nothing in an emergency.

4 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Linas:  thanks for the prompt reply.  Agree that covers are a pain, not to mention that hail-proof ones are very expensive and even less easy to handle.  My purchase will be based purely on the thought that anything will be better than nothing in an emergency.

Agree - using blankets every-time doesn't sounds like workable solution.