Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key battery low

Hi all you guys n girls.

As the title says, I have a key fob with a low Battery warning flashing up on the dash when I use this key. I`ve tried popping it open by removing the metal key and prizing it open, it half opens but will not fully come apart. Am I right in presuming it should come apart to replace the Battery, am I not being brutal enough, I don`t want to break it plastic case. Any ideas.

Thanks Stuart

Hi if you are afraid  of possibly breaking it,  you could go along with as13's idea,or have a look on you tube or if you are that desperate take it to your local timpsons or something similar and get it changed 👍

3 hours ago, as13 said:

When I get this happening to me, l use the spare key until I take the car in for its annual service and get both replaced then.

Hmm....

What if you lose the spare key and all you've then got is the key with the flat Battery that's been waiting in the drawer until the car's ready to be serviced?

4 hours ago, unclepoo said:

Hi all you guys n girls.

As the title says, I have a key fob with a low battery warning flashing up on the dash when I use this key. I`ve tried popping it open by removing the metal key and prizing it open, it half opens but will not fully come apart. Am I right in presuming it should come apart to replace the battery, am I not being brutal enough, I don`t want to break it plastic case. Any ideas.

Thanks Stuart

You just need to use a bit more force.

It's a job that literally takes just a minute to do and batteries can be bought in strips of five for a fiver or less from places like http://cpc.co.uk

1 minute ago, Malc said:

or just pop along to your local Timpsons for a 2 minute keyfob battery change-over

Malc

Then prepare to be amazed at how much they charge for it!

Depending on how far from a dealership you are, note that dealer has always replaced batteries for me free of charge, although each time it was as part of a service...

• Like 1

I`ve managed it......boy was it difficult to prize off. I found that, once the bottom of the fob is opening, a little prizing open from the side further up the unit helped a lot. A new 2032 and all is well.

• Like 4