Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS600 Equivalent of The Toyota Century?

TKhan430

The Toyota Century is beautiful JDM car shame not over here.

I noticed the new one is hybrid v8 and looks similar to a Lexus inside. 

Are they the same as the LS600 but different body?

Tried to persuade my uncle to buy one but he's not interested he wants a people carrier! lol 

Here's a picture:

b-century-a-20171031.jpg

• Like 1

to my strange mind I find the look of this new car just so so old fashioned and representing the look of a stately bygone era in " Presidential or Royal " style cavalcade motoring ... you would need at least half a dozen of them, with chauffeurs, to be properly impressive :yes:

Nonetheless a fabulous car I'm sure but I have no idea how it compares to a Ls600

Malc

• Like 1

Thanks Malc, it is the 3rd gen and since their introduction in 1967 have remain unchanged in design. They have purposefully been designed in that old skool retro fashion - I love it! 

Wiki says:

The powertrain package is the same as the 2008-2017 Lexus LS 600h & LS 600h L; however, as the fifth-generation LS does not feature this powertrain, it is now unique to the Century.

And it's the Toyota N platform, which applies to:

Applications

I think it looks handsome, but it's a car that you need to be driven in.

And its rather expensive... 

Understated elegance and conservatively designed to radiate "power instead of wealth " .

Cloth seaths, cotton to be precise, as this is more comfortable than leather. Old school curtains to black out the windows instead of tinting. 

I just love the philosophy behind this car, thesame that can be found in the Lexus DNA

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Cloth seaths, cotton to be precise, as this is more comfortable than leather.

Old Rolls Royces etc had cloth for the cabin for the car owner - and leather was used for the drivers seat that often was out in the open, like so:

six-cylinder-rolls-royce-pullman-600w-13

Somehow people started associating leather with luxury cars despite it being used for the hired help only due to the hard wearing nature! And thanks to that perversion of impression, we now all have to suffer the indignation of leather seats.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 10:46 AM, TKhan430 said:

The Toyota Century is beautiful JDM car shame not over here.

I noticed the new one is hybrid v8 and looks similar to a Lexus inside. 

Are they the same as the LS600 but different body?

Tried to persuade my uncle to buy one but he's not interested he wants a people carrier! lol 

Here's a picture:

b-century-a-20171031.jpg

I can imagine Morpheus being driven in one of these in The Matrix!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links