Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Today I was working on the right-hand side door panel, I removed it without a problem, to inspect something behind it but after putting it all together, the right hand window switch is not working. I can not control the window at all - it won't go up or down. From the driver side I can bring it up/down without a problem even the auto function works as well. I started reading around in the forums, most people were offering a reset solution, but it involved the actual window switch working in these procedures. I would really appreciate some help here. 

PS. The seat memory is working fine, the door handle, manual door lock and even the switch/button to lock/unlock the door on the window switch panel are working all fine. Seems like only the window switch isn't, and yes, both connectors are seated in okay.

You say ‘right hand side’ so is this the drivers side or passenger side as I see your profile location is Non UK/Other so you might have a LHD car. 
but anyhow the window reset method is shown below.

They call it ‘Initialized’

2 hours ago, Texas said:

You say ‘right hand side’ so is this the drivers side or passenger side as I see your profile location is Non UK/Other so you might have a LHD car. 
but anyhow the window reset method is shown below.

They call it ‘Initialized’

Hi, Thanks, I have a LHD Is250. From the guide above, is it done through the driver side master controls or the actual window side (right side in my case). Since as i said in my first post, from the actual right side, it does not go either way (up or down). Master switches on driver side work both auto an manual

Update, I was being dumb. The window locking on the driver side was enabled (for some reason) and i found out accidentally by just trying with the back windows (which were also disabled). I never, doubted that window lock switch since I never ever used it, I have no reason to. So somehow it was flipped on. It could be me accidentally pressing it. At this point, I am not sure

But, In case someone else is in a similar situation, if the passenger window keys lights (the LEDs that illuminate the window key) are OFF that probably means the window lock switch is ON, and it's not the switch or the window that is bad. Thread can be closed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links