Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

car does not start after filling petrol- what am i doing wrong?

george72

Hi again

Apologies if i have missed something as this car is very new to me having only done about 500 miles- i have put petrol in it twice and every time i have got back into the car after doing this, the car does not start, it says HYBRID SYSTEM NOT READY. Once i switch it all off and start again, hey presto its absolutely fine?

Am i doing something wrong?

Rakesh

On 8/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, george72 said:

Hi again

Apologies if i have missed something as this car is very new to me having only done about 500 miles- i have put petrol in it twice and every time i have got back into the car after doing this, the car does not start, it says HYBRID SYSTEM NOT READY. Once i switch it all off and start again, hey presto its absolutely fine?

Am i doing something wrong?

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh

Sounds like a similar error to what I get on my IS if I don't allow the systems to fully bootup before I select drive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Silly question, but still asking 🙂

Do you by any chance the leave the car in Accessory mode ? This happens when you completely turn off the car, then push the start button once without holding the break.

Maybe you are doing this to keep the radio/music on while you fill up.

I think after the fuel filler cap is closed (obviously after opening it) the car needs a "reboot" i.e. completely turn off and then start again.

HTH

--E

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, e-yes said:

Silly question, but still asking 🙂

Do you by any chance the leave the car in Accessory mode ? This happens when you completely turn off the car, then push the start button once without holding the break.

Maybe you are doing this to keep the radio/music on while you fill up.

I think after the fuel filler cap is closed (obviously after opening it) the car needs a "reboot" i.e. completely turn off and then start again.

HTH

--E

I think you are on to something! I will check this out when I fill up next. Many thanks everyone 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links