Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trying to get into the Lexus family with an IS250 but am a bit concerned.

45 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Lex. I've just found out that the front suspension dust cover boots are integrated into the top mount. £196 each. What I ordered by mistake at £65 each are for the LS. I'm starting to think Lexus ownership is a joke because of some more than extortionate pricing they have for essentially simple items.

Very useful info. Thanks. Would you have the correct part number?

Have a look on Lexus Parts Direct. Good shout about Toyota parts. I'm gonna take my struts off when weather allows and gonna attach similar sized rubber/plastic tube to the top mount where there is a good couple of inches of tube to attach too. Crude maybe but it'll work as good as original. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Have a look on Lexus Parts Direct. Good shout about Toyota parts. I'm gonna take my struts off when weather allows and gonna attach similar sized rubber/plastic tube to the top mount where there is a good couple of inches of tube to attach too. Crude maybe but it'll work as good as original. 

Sounds like a good plan. I would like to find local pricing on the correct part, so I can try to take the cost off the selling price. Need to try to find the part number.

Hi Lex. The part number for the genuine top mount incorporating the dust cover is 

48680-530312 that's from Lexus Parts Direct. 

I've ordered suspension boots from eBay at £17 ish each. Gonna use the tubed part to attach to mine. I'll let you know how I get on when I do the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Lex. The part number for the genuine top mount incorporating the dust cover is 

48680-530312 that's from Lexus Parts Direct. 

I've ordered suspension boots from ebay at £17 ish each. Gonna use the tubed part to attach to mine. I'll let you know how I get on when I do the job.

Thanks. A search with that number didn't find anything on their website. Would you have maybe a link? Could be that I'm just not smart enough to use the search button. 🤣

I like your idea for the repair though. Look forward to the results.

By the way, just found this:

https://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1095593_toyota-recalls-2006-2011-lexus-models-to-fix-potential-fire-hazard-422509-vehicles-affected

Should I have to pay attention if the service book has a stamp for the recall?

I guess after 16 years, if it had to catch on fire it would have. But recalls are recalls.

7 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

Should I have to pay attention if the service book has a stamp for the recall?

Recall work isn't entered into the service book. To check use the MOT checker and look at the recall section:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

or check Lexus' checker:

https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker?lexus=true

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Recall work isn't entered into the service book. To check use the MOT checker and look at the recall section:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

or check Lexus' checker:

https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker?lexus=true

Thanks. You chaps are phenomenal.  

By the way, the front bumper is a bit scratched. Normal stuff but doesn't look great. By luck I found a new bumper in the same colour near by for a good price. But it's a 2011. Are they swappable or are the wings and bonnet also different? Doesn't come with hardware or a grill though.

9 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

By the way, the front bumper is a bit scratched. Normal stuff but doesn't look great. By luck I found a new bumper in the same colour near by for a good price. But it's a 2011. Are they swappable or are the wings and bonnet also different? Doesn't come with hardware or a grill though.

If the foglight shape/area is the same, it will be fine. Only IS-F had a different bumper/wings.

• Like 1

I'm also trying to find a good site to run the vin. But they all want to sell a report. Do you have a good one you use?

What about tyre recommendations? 18".

I didn't see anything on the stickies.

Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

I'm also trying to find a good site to run the vin. But they all want to sell a report. Do you have a good one you use?

What about tyre recommendations? 18".

I didn't see anything on the stickies.

Thanks 

For handling and fuel economy - 225/40R18.. 245s are an absolute overkill. GOOD 225s are more than enough, the car isn't tail happy, it's heavy, it sticks to the road like **** to a stick. No idea why Lexus are putting 245s on them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

The newer bumper will fit but you would also need the grille from a face-lift car.

Wings, bonnet and headlights are all the same shape and interchangeable.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 5:21 PM, Lex_utor said:

Thanks. A search with that number didn't find anything on their website. Would you have maybe a link?

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-is/lexus-is-phase-ii-2006-2013/lexus-is-2-steering-suspension/lexus-is-phase-2-top-mount-and-dust-cover/

part code is 48680-53031

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Thank you! Local Lexus quoted me 170 Euros.  It was over the phone and at first he didn't know what I was talking about. Didn't help that I don't speak the language any well. So let's hope he quoted the right part.

1 hour ago, H3XME said:

For handling and fuel economy - 225/40R18.. 245s are an absolute overkill. GOOD 225s are more than enough, the car isn't tail happy, it's heavy, it sticks to the road like **** to a stick. No idea why Lexus are putting 245s on them.

Good to know. But I thought the rear rims were wider too?

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

The newer bumper will fit but you would also need the grille from a face-lift car.

Wings, bonnet and headlights are all the same shape and interchangeable.

Thanks. So it is a straight swap?  Is the grill and other bits hard to find or expensive?

Another question, if I'm not already annoying you. 🙂

Are F-sport wheels 18 or 19? There seems to be several Lexus 5 spoke wheels people call F-sport and they all look similar.  But some look 18 others 19.

36 minutes ago, scudney said:

My 250 f sport has 18's - 255.40.18's on the rear and 225 40 18's on the front,on the other hand the isf has 19's

Thanks. Do you have a photo of your car straight from the side? 🙂

Are the rims staggered? 

9 hours ago, Lex_utor said:

Thanks. Do you have a photo of your car straight from the side? 🙂

Are the rims staggered? 

Lex, most of these things you can find using google. You'll find it much quicker than asking everyone. Yes, F-Sport has staggered wheels. Normal IS250 has 17x8J ET45 wheels. F-Sport is 18x8 and 18x8.5 IIRC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H3XME said:

Lex, most of these things you can find using google. You'll find it much quicker than asking everyone. Yes, F-Sport has staggered wheels. Normal IS250 has 17x8J ET45 wheels. F-Sport is 18x8 and 18x8.5 IIRC

Thanks.  I did try Google.  This is where the confusion came from. 

For example, I have seen both of these wheels referred to as F-Sport wheels. They are very similar. Although the top one seems to be larger.

I also didn't find much in terms of ET acceptable range for the IS250

IMG-20210819-WA0001.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lex_utor said:

Thanks.  I did try Google.  This is where the confusion came from. 

For example, I have seen both of these wheels referred to as F-Sport wheels. They are very similar. Although the top one seems to be larger.

I also didn't find much in terms of ET acceptable range for the IS250

IMG-20210819-WA0001.jpg

These are all the specs. 

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 10.43.43.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links