Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel prices craziness

joelfigueira

Hi all,

just put my first tank of V Power in the CT as I thought it’s had a few tanks of normal shell so treated it to V power. I use to use v power diesel in my is220d which seem to have kept it going well for 137k. 

Anyway I could not believe my local shell garage charge £1.49 per litre for both diesel and petrol v power! I was expecting the petrol v power to be a little cheaper and not the same! 

what’s the prices where you are all at? (I’m in the north east)

I just use regular Shell petrol in my CT and then every other fill up i add Redex to it.You really notice a difference after you use that.I,ve been using it for years.The whole EGR system on mine is totally clean at 111K.

I noticed no difference with V power at all.The same when i used to own a diesel Octavia,V power made no difference.I used Millers diesel clean and that stuff is amazing.

10 minutes ago, stormchaser said:

I just use regular Shell petrol in my CT and then every other fill up i add Redex to it.You really notice a difference after you use that.I,ve been using it for years.The whole EGR system on mine is totally clean at 111K.

I noticed no difference with V power at all.The same when i used to own a diesel Octavia,V power made no difference.I used Millers diesel clean and that stuff is amazing.

Cheers for the info I will give that a go then.
When did you notice a difference? My car has only got just shy of 9k so I should hope it’s fairly clean. 

I use momentum 99 in my 250 f sport and thats now £1.41 a litre,used to be 2p cheaper than diesel and 5p dearer the normal stuff,now 7p dearer 🤔😒

1 hour ago, joelfigueira said:

Cheers for the info I will give that a go then.
When did you notice a difference? My car has only got just shy of 9k so I should hope it’s fairly clean. 

Yes yours is quite low mileage so maybe its pretty clean.

After about 10 miles or so of driving i notice its more responsive in Normal mode.Also when going from EV to engine whilst driving its more smoother too.I,ve used it for the last 50K odd miles in the CT.

• Like 1

E10 @ 131.7p per litre at our local Asda.

I've never used anything other than basic, standard, supermarket unleaded petrol.

Performance petrol for performance-tuned cars is a good idea and will get the best from that tuning, but it's just snake oil in a normal engine.

I wonder how many of you folks who think performance petrol in a standard-tuned car makes a difference, also think Russ Andrews cables are worth it too  :whistling:

image.thumb.png.dd0227645c6989618d9f88d5c51acab5.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Anyway I could not believe my local shell garage charge £1.49 per litre for both diesel and petrol v power! I was expecting the petrol v power to be a little cheaper and not the same! 

More depressing is when you convert that to the price per gallon - £6.77!

I wonder if they are taking advantage of the fact that premium unleaded is E5; that is the only choice for people who's car cannot use E10, so let's whack up the price.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Herbie said:

In 1975 when I started driving 4-star petrol was as much as 75p per gallon!

Same here, a quids worth provided a evenings cruising and still enough to get to work and back a few times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brian R said:

Wait for it, a budget is just around the corner..........

I wonder if fuel duty will be lowered to help the economy?".................Oh a pig has just flown over the house 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Same here, a quids worth provided a evenings cruising and still enough to get to work and back a few times.

For me it was £5 and would last me a good few nights cruising around the local boy racer hot spots and to work. That was only early 2000 for me in a saxo VTS….😂😂😂

Just now, Spacewagon52 said:

When I bought my first few gallons of petrol it was 35p a gallon. Very shortly after that it went to 50p during the fuel crisis!

7 shillings was a lot of money then! 

John, how many bags of oats did you have to buy for your first horse?