Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Owners Club Halfords Discount Card help

Sterling

Hi,

I was in Halfords at the weekend trying to buy a few bits that would have cost well over £200. Got to the checkout and presented my Lexus Owners Club Halfords discount card and they just gave me a blank look. They tried all 5 staff in the store, they could work out 15%, but did not have a clue how to put it through their till. So I just left.

Can anyone tell me what I need to tell the children that run these stores, what to do?

Thanks, Kenny

4 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Sorry Kenny, no idea.

I just presented the card at the till at my local Halfords, they scanned it or pressed a few buttons and Hey Presto, I had my discount.

Same for me. Just scanned and discount taken.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sterling said:

I was in Halfords at the weekend trying to buy a few bits that would have cost well over £200. Got to the checkout and presented my Lexus Owners Club Halfords discount card and they just gave me a blank look. They tried all 5 staff in the store, they could work out 15%, but did not have a clue how to put it through their till. So I just left.
Can anyone tell me what I need to tell the children that run these stores, what to do?

Halfords recently changed their barcode system and there is a new card being issued to current Gold Members.
The new card does not require them to calculate the discount and it is automatically discounted when it is swiped.

• Like 3