Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, need to replace the rear shocks on my gs450h 2006. I can't afford the adjustable ones, can anyone tell me the part numbers for the GS300 shocks. I'm not sure which year of gs300 shocks would fit, or kyb shocks. I have asked Lexus parts direct but they can't advise, starting to get a bit desperate as mot is looming. Would be very grateful for any help.

Steve

I have seen posts that say they have replaced the originals with gs300 shocks, but nobody seems to be able to give the part number, or year of gs300 that would fit. Maybe it's just me being a bit thick.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I think it will be the spring that is more heavy duty, not the shock, on the 450h as it is the spring that takes the weight of the car.

According to this site https://lexus-europe.epc-data.com/, for the Mk3 GS 300 there are three part numbers listed for shocks dependent on the production period. The part number for both RH rear and LH rear for the production period 01.2005 - 06.2005 is 48530-80232. For production period 06.2005 - 09.2007 the part number is 48530-80341. For cars built from 09.2007 the part number is 48530-80451.

I can't help with which one you may need but I hope this will be of help to you in finding what you need.

As mentioned above, the heavier the vehicle the stiffer the shock needs to be, ie. the more damping needed) to resist the bounce effect of the stiffer spring - so the internals of the 450 are possibly set up different for more damping. This is very evident with motorbikes where you adjust the damping to a stronger setting when loaded with a passenger/luggage etc. All that said it would probably only become an issue when the car is more heavily loaded.

Stephen

Have you tried fleaBay theres plenty on there

if you type in Google Gas A matic shocks it comes up with KYB shocks that will fit Lexus GS450 the yanks fit those as opposed to oem and by all accounts are better specced than oem I have not  purchased any but was just looking and came across them.

Its worth a try no matter what if yr car fails MOT thats it till you can afford what you want.

sorry can be of no further help

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

I have just ordered some KYB rears and will be getting them fitted in a couple of weeks when I get my car back from having a load of engine work done. 

They are KYB part no 551108

They are showing as 104 each on AutoDoc but as I really needed them to get them sorted in a couple of weeks for MOT so managed to get them from EuroCarParts for 136 each. 

I have also ordered the 2 fronts from Autodoc as I am not in a great rush for them. They are 267 on EuroCarParts but ordered the same KYB parts 551106/551107  for 104 each. 

There are numerous eBay listings for the same parts loads cheaper but are a waste of time. Having tried to order them 3 times from different suppliers, I even confirmed they were in stock with a couple of them but after ordering the orders were cancelled. 

I will post back with my results of how the car feels when replaced. Worst case scenario I will have shocks on the car and I can get the originals refurbished over time. 

Well i have to say my apprehension to use Autodoc was unfounded (on this occasion). Less than one week after i ordered the fronts from AutoDoc they have arrived. Starting to wish i had saved the £70 from ordering them from Eurocarparts and bought them all from Autodoc but knowing my luck they would have taken a month and i would be screwed for its MOT. Impressed though, very happy with the price and only took a week is very good service. Was very well packaged in a nice big Autodoc box as well. I do need to replace the struts on the bonnet and boot so i will order them as well and see if they take the same sort of time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZXSpectrum said:

I do need to replace the struts on the bonnet and boot

if these are " simple " gas struts that need refurbishing then on the Ls400 site, guys use SGS with good results

I have personally used SGS some years back too ( on my Mazda at that time ) 

Malc

• Thanks 1