My car is on 60,900 miles (2013 Rx450h)

Service history as follows:

2014 - serviced at Lexus - 4,343 miles

2015 - serviced at Lexus - 15,604 miles

2016 - serviced at Lexus - 22,148 miles

2017 - serviced at Lexus - 32,961 miles

2018 - serviced at Lexus - 42,599 miles

2019 - serviced at Lexus - 52,066 Miles

2020 - serviced at an indépendant who bought the car at 55,824 miles - I then bought from them 

My question is when I enter the details on Lexus they think I should get the 80k service but I think it should be the 60k one? Anyone know the difference between the two?

Also the costs seems high - is it worth continuing with Lexus servicing do you think given the age and mileage? 

I don't think it has any Lexus warranty that I am aware of.... thanks for the link - I have reviewed but can't seem to see the difference between 60k and 80k service... I shall have to check the manual!

Should be the full 60k service though right? 

I think Lexus assume 10,000 miles a year so an 80,000 mile service is actually a sixth year service. My service book says Intermediate service every 10,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, full service every 20,000 miles or two years whichever comes first.

• Like 3

Personally, I'd go for he more expensive of the two, whichever that is, just to make sure that 'everything' is 'done' that needs to be...

• Like 1

PCM - that's what I am thinking too - rather pay extra for 60k service so nothing is missed. only had the car since Dec 2020 so want to ensure its all tip top

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gliderpilot said:

I think Lexus assume 10,000 miles a year so an 80,000 mile service is actually a sixth year service. My service book says Intermediate service every 10,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, full service every 20,000 miles or two years whichever comes first.

This is without doubt, the correct approach and will also enable the vehicle to be covered by the new Relax Warranty.

Well said Peter.

• Like 2

The 60k service - with plugs - should have been done in 2019 at 52,066.

This year's service should be the 80k even though it's not done anywhere near 80k. This is because servicing is 12-months or 10k miles, whichever comes soonest.

Therefore, 2014 would have been the 10k, 2015 the 20k and so on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sambo said:

I don't think it has any Lexus warranty that I am aware of..

If you get it serviced at Lexus it will get a 12-month Lexus Relax warranty, free of charge, on completion of the service.

6 minutes ago, Herbie said:

The 60k service - with plugs - should have been done in 2019 at 52,066.

This year's service should be the 80k even though it's not done anywhere near 80k. This is because servicing is 12-months or 10k miles, whichever comes soonest.

Therefore, 2014 would have been the 10k, 2015 the 20k and so on.

You are only dead right, yet again, young man!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

If you get it serviced at Lexus it will get a 12-month Lexus Relax warranty, free of charge, on completion of the service.

You`ve been cribbing my Posts again!

I see your spelling abilities are improving matey !🤣

• Haha 1

very helpful all of this - anyway to check that the 60k one was actually done in 2019? Assume Lexus would know? happy to go with the 80k one if it has 

20 minutes ago, Sambo said:

very helpful all of this - anyway to check that the 60k one was actually done in 2019? Assume Lexus would know? happy to go with the 80k one if it has 

It was done by Lexus so I would be shocked and surprised if they didn't stick to their own servicing schedule but yes, a quick call to them should put your mind at ease.

In order to get the Lexus warranty Lexus insisted doing the full 6 year service even though my car has only done circa 43k miles, and including spark plugs, although the existing ones could have gone for at least until the next 10k service with the low annual mileage I now do. 

• Like 1