Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extra Care (LEC) Does anyone know anything about it ?

There have been one or two Postings in recent weeks since the introduction of Lexus Relax, about a new form of extended warranty (LEC) relating to vehicles under 15 years old and having covered less than 150,000 miles.

Such Postings have referred to Lexus Dealers approaching Lexus Owners with the offer, but as yet I have to read any further details.

I went into Lexus Chester this morning and discovered that LEC does exist. It is an Annual level of cover and not available on a 2-4-1 basis as was the old Lexus Extended Warranty (LEW). One of the challenges to be overcome was the question of "wear and tear" on a Mechanical or Electrical item.

Due to constraints on my time I was unable to pursue further details, but I wanted to inform the Membership of the existence of LEC and suggest that we each should raise the subject with our respective Dealerships and report our findings back to this Forum.

I`m sure that we all look forward to receiving the results of such discussions.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

There have been one or two Postings in recent weeks since the introduction of Lexus Relax, about a new form of extended warranty (LEC) relating to vehicles under 15 years old and having covered less than 150,000 miles.

Such Postings have referred to Lexus Dealers approaching Lexus Owners with the offer, but as yet I have to read any further details.

I went into Lexus Chester this morning and discovered that LEC does exist. It is an Annual level of cover and not available on a 2-4-1 basis as was the old Lexus Extended Warranty (LEW). One of the challenges to be overcome was the question of "wear and tear" on a Mechanical or Electrical item.

Due to constraints on my time I was unable to pursue further details, but I wanted to inform the Membership of the existence of LEC and suggest that we each should raise the subject with our respective Dealerships and report our findings back to this Forum.

I`m sure that we all look forward to receiving the results of such discussions.

Such terminology does exist John - in America. It's a fully fledged offering from Lexus Financial Services not disimilar from the old EW. There's a pdf online from Lexus which gives a very detailed "what's covered". So maybe here is the 3 layer strategy - initial 3 year warranty - total cover no cost, lexus Relax, limited cover up to 100k - no cost, LEC, gold/platinum, up to 125k, extensive cover, additional cost.  

Seems to always be the same, we appear to have some of the best consumer law protection in the UK but it’s a complete mine field getting through it.

I seem to remember when the VW emissions scandal emerged owners in the USA got no quibble refunds and class action whereas in the UK they got “Sorry” and lo and behold the compensation chasing claims brigade appeared.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I seem to remember when the VW emissions scandal emerged owners in the USA got no quibble refunds and class action whereas in the UK they got “Sorry” and lo and behold the compensation chasing claims brigade appeared.

Still there: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/diesel-emissions-group-legal-claims/

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Such terminology does exist John - in America. It's a fully fledged offering from Lexus Financial Services not disimilar from the old EW. There's a pdf online from Lexus which gives a very detailed "what's covered". So maybe here is the 3 layer strategy - initial 3 year warranty - total cover no cost, lexus Relax, limited cover up to 100k - no cost, LEC, gold/platinum, up to 125k, extensive cover, additional cost.  

Yes Phil, I had checked prior to Posting. Tis in North America inc Canada, but I did not wish to refer to them, so as not to cause confusion.

UK is UK.