Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window re-learn procedure

After my Battery was replaced I needed to complete the window re-learn procedure in order to be able to open and close them all from the driver seat.

I had thought this was: hold the drivers window lever up and then fully open and then fully close each of the other three windows. This works, however when I did it today I suddenly found that my driver side window no longer worked properly, it went down several inches and then wouldn't move. Fearing the worst I sat there for a minute wondering what to do and then tried again and it worked perfectly.

Tried again a few times later and it was fine. I now suspect that I have the procedure wrong and that holding the up lever on the drivers window caused the motor to overheat.

Is it possible the re-learn procedure is just to fully open and close them and that I don't need to hold the drivers window lever up?

From my ES manual, but still should be the same for your RX, I've read the same for other manufacturers.

1 Turn the power switch to ON mode.
2 Pull and hold the power window switch in the one-touch closing direction and completely close the door window.
3 Release the power window switch for a moment, resume pulling the switch in the one-touch closing direction, and hold it there for approximately 6 seconds or more.
4 Press and hold the power window switch in the one-touch opening direction. After the door window is completely opened, continue holding the switch for an additional 1 second or more.
5 Release the power window switch for a moment, resume pushing the switch in the one-touch opening direction, and hold it there for approximately 4 seconds or more.
6 Pull and hold the power window switch in the one-touch closing direction again. After the door window is completely closed, continue holding the switch for a further 1 second or more.

If you release the switch while the window is moving, start again from the beginning.
If the window reverses and cannot be fully closed or opened, have the vehicle inspected by any authorized Lexus retailer or Lexus authorized repairer, or any reliable repairer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links