Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I couldn't wait

I've always liked to have lots of extras on my cars, hence I opted in June to order a UX with the Premium Pro pack.

At the time I was optimistic ( even with the pandemic and chip shortages ) that I might take delivery late September / early October.

No sign of a build starting so I've opted for a Takumi which will be a showroom model.

So, even more "toys" and will take possession in the next week or two.

Happy days!

• Like 2

There are going to be many UX Takumi models on the road next month. Quite a few on here, mine nearly at the dealers. It arrived in Portbury Docks which is just down the road from me outside Bristol on August 3rd but has been in Derbyshire since according to the Lexus app being checked and cleaned.

Good luck with yours you will love it. I have had a UX with Premium Pack since March 19 and it’s a great car, only changing it because I have not been able to spend any money on holidays for 18 months 😂

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

There are going to be many UX Takumi models on the road next month. Quite a few on here, mine nearly at the dealers. It arrived in Portbury Docks which is just down the road from me outside Bristol on August 3rd but has been in Derbyshire since according to the Lexus app being checked and cleaned.

Good luck with yours you will love it. I have had a UX with Premium Pack since March 19 and it’s a great car, only changing it because I have not been able to spend any money on holidays for 18 months 😂

Thanks Richard. I believe, from a different thread,  this time you have gone for sonic titanium?

Which interior did you select ?

I have a choice between sonic titanium and celestial blue. My dealer tells me most of the sonic titanium cars have the ochre interior.

Not for me, but I appreciate everyone's taste is different.

I am having the cream again. It’s light and bright and more importantly has a light cream coloured roof liner. I believe the ochre has a dark roof liner which I do not like. It means from the inside mine will look and feel the same apart from from more buttons and toys but I like what I have. I suppose if you have a Takumi with a dark head liner almost half is a glass sun roof though. 
Sonic Titanium this time, since 2007 I have had 2 silver and 3 white IS’s so after this white UX I have exercised my manly authority and said “no more white cars dear”

I have always found white easy to keep clean especially in winter, I only do about 3,000 miles a year, no motorways, so a quick wash, shampoo, hose down and leave to dry (just chamois the windows)

Really down at the moment as it looks like my wife will be driving it out the showroom and for a week or so. I surrendered my licence in July 2020 due to my epilepsy. I am fit and legal to drive from August 20th but DVLA are in such a mess my licence is still at best a few weeks away. I voluntarily surrendered it so I can ask for it back and drive while they contact the medical people but I sent my application off on July 16th and those letters not due to be opened until the end of this month 😱😱😱

Sorry to hear about the licence😌

My order in June was for a cream interior. It looks like it will be black for me on the Takumi, there being a limited choice in showroom models, but as you say, the sunroof will help.